website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

Italy is going down fast.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, dcro said:

So who will host 2026 Winter Olympics now?

Mount Hotham.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

In Austria they are now advising against travelling to Italy. Luckily there's only one more race left in Antholz.

Or Italian authorities are just dumb and should have taken the same approach of many other countries at the moment, no mass testing=few cases and no panic and claim that the country is dead, some deaths that can be counted among those for influenza or other patologies and that's it.

1 minute ago, Dunadan said:

Or Italian authorities are just dumb and should have taken the same approach of many other countries at the moment, no mass testing=few cases and no panic and claim that the country is dead, some deaths that can be counted among those for influenza or other patologies and that's it.

The complaint for a lot of countries is that they aren't testing enough..

Courtesy of worldometer, here is the current state of play in the Covid-19 medals table....

Highlighted in green
= all cases have recovered from the infection.
Highlighted in grey
= all cases have had an outcome (there are no active cases).

4 hours ago, Dunadan said:

As I said before, this is a result of mass testing. At the moment 3 people died for this virus, all of them relatively old or with preexistent pathologies (cardiac and cancer). As by tradition in our health system, we are going to record a sharp rise in cases of coronavirus as this mass testing will continue for at least 2 weeks. Personally I don't think they are acting bad with this mass screening, as this is due to prevent serious consequences for potential people at high risk. In my view, the problem is the fear around this virus, which seems to me too much.

However, I would like to ask to european users here about their governments' actions to prevent virus from spreading. Here in Italy, direct flights from China were suspended weeks ago, but no mandatory quarantine was required to those coming from there. What about your countries?

17 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

As I said before, this is a result of mass testing. At the moment 3 people died for this virus, all of them relatively old or with preexistent pathologies (cardiac and cancer). As by tradition in our health system, we are going to record a sharp rise in cases of coronavirus as this mass testing will continue for at least 2 weeks. Personally I don't think they are acting bad with this mass screening, as this is due to prevent serious consequences for potential people at high risk. In my view, the problem is the fear around this virus, which seems to me too much.

However, I would like to ask to european users here about their governments' actions to prevent virus from spreading. Here in Italy, direct flights from China were suspended weeks ago, but no mandatory quarantine was required to those coming from there. What about your countries?

This sums up the Dutch authorities:

d8SxV2UZtBWWiijJcmPZ2GmMAL_QQiRqRoEd2oBI