website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Trump's press conference is just bizarre. I know he is mostly known for rambling incoherently, but this time it's even worse. He is just monotonously droning out utter nonsense that's mostly about how great he is. Pure insanity and it's live on TV. 

And showcasing the partners. And that poster was so damn basic that you could have explained it to a 10-year old without the poster! :lol:

And BTW. In the future Denmark will mainly be testing people who seem to be in serious conditions or in risk of the same. Therefore the total number of cases in Denmark will most likely be pretty interesting. The critical cases will be the interesting number. 

Meanwhile we're closing the borders for people without good reason to come in from tomorrow at 12 until easter.

25 minutes ago, Agger said:

And showcasing the partners. 

The only thing I actually kind of liked about the press conference. I know these huge companies are obviously not doing anything out of charity but just because it's a business chance for them, but at least they do so publicly and they do have incredibly big logistics operations that are very useful now.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

No lockdowns here yet, but if everyone around us is closing their borders, we're basically in lockdown anyway :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

But new cases recorded a new relative low (+16.9% from yesterday), which is very much what we should be looking at.

but we expect the numbers to explode in the South of Italy in the next 10 days/2 weeks, as many of those who escaped from Lombardy when the first Red Zone measures were announced last week surely took the virus to their relatives' homes...

moreover, in many places in the South of Italy irresponsible behaviours like going to super-crowded beaches have been performed through the entire week...

maybe the situation is going to improve here in Lombardy, but it will take years to get the entire Country back on track...

the next couple of weeks will be really interesting...and not in a positive way...

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Jair Bolsonaro has officially tested positive for the virus. He met with, and most certainly touched Trump on Saturday. Both are on record as calling this virus a “hoax.”

Is it bad that I want to give this post the laughing reaction? :mumble:

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

what's interesting for me is almost all of our neighbors are almost Corona-free ! I know if someone checks the map all central and Northern provinces are deeply involved with this. not borderline provinces but still so many people traveled to those neighbor countries directly from Tehran before any of them close the borders, Afghanistan border is still open (not that so many Iranians travel to Afghanistan, but there are so many Afghan workers here coming and going regularly). I guess our neighbors are either very lucky, have super strong genes or simply don't test anybody ! :d

here most provinces are closing everything one by one, still no "nationwide" rule about it. but apparently we are suppose to hear something "very important" tomorrow or at least in next couple of days. that's probably shutting down everything completely in Tehran. but according to some military officials they have order to make everywhere "less crowded" starting from next 24 hours.

Edited by MHSN

5 minutes ago, MHSN said:

what's interesting for me is almost all of our neighbors are almost Corona-free ! I know if someone checks the map all central and Northern provinces are deeply involved with this. not borderline provinces but still so many people traveled to those neighbor countries directly from Tehran before any of them close the borders, Afghanistan border is still open (not that so many Iranians travel to Afghanistan, but there are so many Afghan workers here coming and going regularly). I guess our neighbors are either very lucky, have super strong genes or simply don't test anybody ! :d

here most provinces are closing everything one by one, still no "nationwide" rule about it. but apparently we are suppose to hear something "very important" tomorrow or at least in next couple of days. that's probably shutting down everything completely in Tehran. but according to some military officials they have order to make everywhere "less crowded" starting from next 24 hours.

I hope it's one of the first two, but fear there's quite a chance it's the third option. How extensive a health system would you say Afghanistan has, for example (in terms of availability, professionalism and so on)?