website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2026 Bid Process

So I guess I have to riot now :sure:. I all honestly I’m happy for the Italian users on here. I remember how I felt when they announced LA would get 2028.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

As half Swedish, I have no words for how much I would have loved to go to Stockholm and Åre for the Winter Games.

But Italy was the safer choice and considering the last couple of winter Games and the upcoming ones, the safe choice might very well be the right one.

I will keep dreaming of seing the Olympics in Sweden or at least in a Nordic country in my lifetime (Can't really say that I remember Lillehammer (I was 2½ years)). I doubt 2030 will be right, but maybe 2034?

Just now, Agger said:

As half Swedish, I have no words for how much I would have loved to go to Stockholm and Åre for the Winter Games.

But Italy was the safer choice and considering the last couple of winter Games and the upcoming ones, the safe choice might very well be the right one.

I will keep dreaming of seing the Olympics in Sweden or at least in a Nordic country in my lifetime (Can't really say that I remember Lillehammer (I was 2½ years)). I doubt 2030 will be right, but maybe 2034?

What about Summer Olympics in Denmark? Nobody has such an idea so far?