website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2026 Bid Process

2 hours ago, dcro said:

You do realize that you saying that doesn't hold much weight, right? :p

sure, sir!

but this is a free forum...so i guess I can still write my 0 cent opinion without being sent to jail (or the EU opening an infraction procedure against Italy)...:p

2 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

As far as I know, the city of Stockholm is still refusing to sign the host city contract and there is still no written guarantee that the venues will be made available for example? That alone should be a deal breaker.

yeah, but I read that the Host City contract will be signed by Are and the Swedish Olympic Committee (for the economical guarantee)...

and Stockholm will loan their venues (there's already a contract for that)...

still, I do really think that the Swedish bid is really poor, technically, financially and in terms of the proposed venues...

once in our lifetime, so far we've done a way better job than them and our bid is a lot better and more fascinating than theirs (and trust me, I'm the least biased man in the world when it comes down to speak about Italy and what's wrong with our Country)...

39 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I am sure the IOC prefers Sweden over Italy, but logically Italy does have the best bid. So how do you vote? The best bid does not win everytime...

Well for me it’s more about wanting to see Olympic sliding at Sigulda (plus Latvia would be the first new country to host the Olympics in a long time)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

41 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I am sure the IOC prefers Sweden over Italy, but logically Italy does have the best bid. So how do you vote? The best bid does not win everytime...

and when it happens, someone should spend the rest of his/her days in jail (if not in a "gulag")...:bones:

Edited by phelps

I'm all in for Mediolan over Stockholm. Forget the luge at Sigulda (which actually doesn't favor Germany for once) but alpine skiing at Are could be equally as disastrous as this year's World Champs. 50 second downhill for Olympic Gold? You gotta be kiddin' me.

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well for me it’s more about wanting to see Olympic sliding at Sigulda (plus Latvia would be the first new country to host the Olympics in a long time)

Olympics in two country... This is one of the wrost idea that I never see. I don't like the Italian bid, i don't link the italian concept bid... But compared to Sweded :wall: Btw, it will be a bad Olympic, without any doubts.

12 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Olympics in two country... This is one of the wrost idea that I never see. I don't like the Italian bid, i don't link the italian concept bid... But compared to Sweded :wall: Btw, it will be a bad Olympic, without any doubts.

Agree with you, I want Sweden to win so bad however their bid is worse than Italy. Whoever wins their job is just to make sure the Winter Olympic continues