website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB Olympic Qualification Tournaments 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Honestly wish they would have just lost to ARG or NDL and got it over with then.  This was the most pathetic showing of a Canadian team in any sport in a long time.  That sounds harsh, but seriously.  Lose, that's fine.  Lose 3-2, that totally fine.  Lose 3-1 but put up a fight, that's fine.  Sets 1 and 4 were embarrassing. Set 3 was terrible most of the time besides a nice run, then they gave it away.  

Whatever, it's not like they were going to medal in Paris. I just enjoy volleyball and would have liked to see them there, but obviously they don't deserve it. I just wanted a tight game this Friday night, been looking forward to it. Oh well.  

6 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Yeah basically, Bulgaria needs to beat Belgium in order for Canada to qualify.

World Ranking-wise we would need to catch Serbia which I don't see happening.

Sorry to harp on it, but seriously.

Before tournament: Just beat ARG and NDL, it'll be hard to do but if you do that you're good. If you take Poland to 5 sets you're basically in! OMG!

Now: What the actual fuck?  

It's like finishing in the top-2 of the first 5 apparatus of the all round in gymnastics and then setting the 6th on fire, pissing on the camera and slapping the mothers of all the judges.  

Not taking away anything from Belgium, you were awesome!  But, I'd say you expected more of a fight, too.  

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Random question, but I’m curious. @NearPup @orangeman do you watch VNL?

Not every year, didn’t watch much sports in 2021, 2022 and the first half of 2023 for “NearPup’s personal life wasn’t going well” reasons, but I did watch VNL (and World League) before that.