website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB Olympic Qualification Tournaments 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

14 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

for the ranking is it obligatory that there is a nation representing asia or not?

There must be a nation represented in each continent (Africa, Asia, Europe, NORCECA, South America) in the 12 team tournament.

I'll put it very simply:  

The loser of Brazil v Italy, Argentina and Slovenia are 99,99% qualified by ranking. 

Then other place for Egypt or Tunisia.  

And the final place is going to be for Serbia (most likely) or Cuba/Canada/Netherlands/Iran (low chance).

11 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I'll put it very simply:  

The loser of Brazil v Italy, Argentina and Slovenia are 99,99% qualified by ranking. 

Then other place for Egypt or Tunisia.  

And the final place is going to be for Serbia (most likely) or Cuba/Canada/Netherlands/Iran (low chance).

for you, Belgium will qualify tomorrow?

1 hour ago, Benolympique said:

as Japan is qualified, does not have to qualify Iran?

no, Asia will be represented by :JPN therefore there's no more reserved spot for that Continent

it's going to be Africa and the 4 best teams not yet qualified with no continental restriction

I didn't follow these qualifications that much mostly because I was too busy with the Asian Games but also because I gave up on this time few months ago. it's a pity we missed the Olympics but when you do a dumb mistake you have to pay the price.

I think after the Olympic season (2021 year) 3 teams made a horrible mistake by appointing the very wrong coach. Iran, Canada and Slovenia. the other 2 realized it almost quickly and fixed it. Slovenia is safely qualified and Canada was/is about to qualify. but our federation insisted of supporting this dumb idiot ... (whatever bad word you want) guy who had a scorched-earth policy and just left nothing behind. it took 10-20 years for Iran to develop a team worthy of top-10 in the world but it took 2 years for this guy to destroy that completely. Iran is a 4th tier team in the world at the moment. just because he had some random good results in 2022 VNL (mostly because our reserve opposite all of a sudden played out of this world for few games) they decided to keep him (as a sign of supporting local coaches) hoping for another miracle like those few games which never happened.

they had to fire him after losing 10 out of 12 matches in 2023 VNL but they gave him another chance, again they had to fire him after struggling China B and losing 3-0  to Japan in a one-sided final at home during the Asian Champs, yet they didn't. now he is gone after his team being manhandled by likes of Ukraine and Czech rep ! 

one thing is for sure we will never have an Iranian coach, at least not anytime soon. and new coach has to start from zero.

PS: based on some interviews I believe our volleyball federation didn't understand the qualification rules correctly. they thought if Japan qualifies directly, Iran can grab the Asia quota no matter how many matches we lose. :facepalm:

Edited by MHSN