website statistics

Totallympics Awards 2022

vinipereira

On 12/30/2022 at 4:49 PM, vinipereira said:

I see some votes for the swedish Equestrian team jumping being placed in Men's Team, even though there's a woman on the team. As we don't have a category for best mixed team (we will discuss this next year) and voting is already ongoing, I will leave this question here:

After some careful consideration, I decided to make the mixed Equestrian teams ineligible for the Men's Team award. Voting regarding this issue didn't help as it was pretty much 50/50. Next year I hope we can solve this problem with the creation of a new category (or reformulation of the current ones).

10 hours ago, vinipereira said:

After some careful consideration, I decided to make the mixed Equestrian teams ineligible for the Men's Team award. Voting regarding this issue didn't help as it was pretty much 50/50. Next year I hope we can solve this problem with the creation of a new category (or reformulation of the current ones).

replace the men's team award with an "open team" award?

10 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Good decision. I think some options for Next year could be:

1) Only one category for all Teams (including Pairs))

2) Two categories: Best team (men/women/mixed) + best pair (men/women/mixed)

2) Three categories: Best men‘s Team (including pairs) + best women‘s Team (including pairs) + best Mixed team‘s (including pairs)

I understand the reasoning for having an own category for every kind of team/pair, but in my opinion this makes the awards less competitive/interesting. 

I am also not sure what category relays belong in? Where does the swimming mixed medley relay belong for example?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Good decision. I think some options for Next year could be:

1) Only one category for all Teams (including Pairs))

2) Two categories: Best team (men/women/mixed) + best pair (men/women/mixed)

2) Three categories: Best men‘s Team (including pairs) + best women‘s Team (including pairs) + best Mixed team‘s (including pairs)

I understand the reasoning for having an own category for every kind of team/pair, but in my opinion this makes the awards less competitive/interesting. 

I am also not sure what category relays belong in? Where does the swimming mixed medley relay belong for example?

my pick is: 3 categories (it would make it easier to put the appropriate team in the appropriate category, with no margin for interpretation nor misunderstanding).

I think these should be the team categories:

Best Men's Team in a Team Sport

Best Women's Team in a Team Sport

Best Team in an Individual Sport

So the first two categories are for the usual team sports (are there any traditional team sports with mixed teams?), and the third category is for every other kind of team like pairs in tennis and table tennis, the relays in athletics, the two/four/eight boats in rowing and so on. 

Edited by Vektor

TA22.png

Welcome to the nominations announcement for the 2022 Totallympics Awards, a celebration of the year in sports. Throughout the next hour, we will unveil the nominees for the 11 categories voted by Totallympics members, as well as remember some of the moments that made 2022 a great year for sports!