website statistics

Russia-Ukraine Crisis Consequences in Sports

Totallympics

44 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

Because it will probably split the Olympic movement in two.

I'll believe the boycott crap when i see it happening,because all that it has been up to now is talking,where are the megastars saying they won't compete If the Russians are allowed in?,i don't hear them.

Also Europe is not big enough to cause a split,Africa and Asia exist. ''diversity,diversity'' i keep hearing,guess what ? they don't give one tiny piece of shit about this and there huge[bigger] parts of the olympic movement,if Europe is dumb enough to do this,that doesn't mean the games will be cancelled,because guess what that would mean ? That All the talk about diversity is ''woke pr and ONLY EUROPEANS AND AMERICANS MATTER'',oh that would go over so well,with the rest of the planet and athletes,i'm sure no one would have anything to say about it,right ?

Edited by Biathlonfan

1 hour ago, Biathlonfan said:

who's surprised ?and more importantly,who cares ?

Ukraine is a mid-tier nation in judo, anyone who cares about judo should care that a mid tier nation will miss the World Championships who already suffered enough in a defensive war against a nation led by a madman. Putin's favorite sport is judo and many of his judokas are military personnel. So being this dismissive on the issue is quite insensitive. It's baffling to see this coming from a Lithuanian as NATO is only reason why you are fortune enough to not have the same faith as Ukraine. 

4 hours ago, Vektor said:

Ukraine is a mid-tier nation in judo, anyone who cares about judo should care that a mid tier nation will miss the World Championships who already suffered enough in a defensive war against a nation led by a madman. Putin's favorite sport is judo and many of his judokas are military personnel. So being this dismissive on the issue is quite insensitive. It's baffling to see this coming from a Lithuanian as NATO is only reason why you are fortune enough to not have the same faith as Ukraine. 

Clearly they decided they weren't that important then,as it seems many sports have,proving this whole ''Make the Russians wonder what's going on by banning them in Sport'' idea was a flop from the beginning,you cannot actually tell me that  EVERY SINGLE SPORT that is bringing the Russians back is influenced by them,and if somehow it is,than boy was this idea stupid to ever be attempted in the first place.

And yeah,i will reject the idea that Nato is the reason ''why we don't have the same faith'',we have fewer Russians than countries around  us and despite whatever shit talking our goverment does,people get along fine here,and spare me the Nato crap,Russia would roll over us in less than 24 hours,Nato most likely wouldn't even be quick enough to help.Personally i watch sports because i like to watch sports,not because i want to be fed propoganda by whichever side,and yes WE[Lithuania] are a US colony that is not up for discussion,i was anti Russia in my teen years,i'm not anymore,because i'm not gonna sit here and pretend i know everything because the news tells me what's happening.''insensitive'' too bad,so sad,i'm not with the majority here call me when i give a f....

Edited by Sindo

Seriously, why do admins here continue to allow users in the forum that brings so much of foul language and curses... It's like bestman all over again...

P.S. - don't you love when someone sells their personal views as a point of view on behalf of entire nation. :)

Edited by Bearas

2 hours ago, Biathlonfan said:

I'll believe the boycott crap when i see it happening,because all that it has been up to now is talking,where are the megastars saying they won't compete If the Russians are allowed in?,i don't hear them.

Also Europe is not big enough to cause a split,Africa and Asia exist. ''diversity,diversity'' i keep hearing,guess what ? they don't give one tiny piece of shit about this and there huge[bigger] parts of the olympic movement,if Europe is dumb enough to do this,that doesn't mean the games will be cancelled,because guess what that would mean ? That All the talk about diversity is ''woke pr and ONLY EUROPEANS AND AMERICANS MATTER'',oh that would go over so well,with the rest of the planet and athletes,i'm sure no one would have anything to say about it,right ?

The British Goverment will not allow GB to attend an Olympics with Russians. 

Just now, Orangehair43 said:

The British Goverment will not allow GB to attend an Olympics with Russians. 

Well that sucks for them,We might be dumb enough  to do the same thing,doesn't mean all of Europe will follow along