website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

Przed chwilą, szy123 napisał:

Ad skateboarding: yeah, those young 10 yo girls competing against 30 yo is strange, but as they're the best it wouldn't be fair to keep tchem out of competition

On the one hand, yes you're right. If they're the best they should have oportunity to prove that. But the question is are they should be the best? Is it normal that kids had to train like pro athletes? Let the kid to be a kid, not a little grown-up.

Just now, heywoodu said:

I find it intriguing how we went from casual race walking discussions to talking about sports pedophilia in less than a day.

Natural order of things I’d say :p

Or better yet people calling each other’s countries out, to doping, to race walking, to whatever was happening this morning, to the Mixed Relay, to pedophilla

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Przed chwilą, Col_Frost napisał:

On the one hand, yes you're right. If they're the best they should have oportunity to prove that. But the question is are they should be the best? Is it normal that kids had to train like pro athletes? Let the kid to be a kid, not a little grown-up.

Well, skateboarding training is kinda different I suppose. It's not going 100kg deadlift, but trying new tricks, trying new tricks, trying new tricks

I am unashamed, at getting nothing done.

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

He only mentioned he would like teams to have a fixed order (2 men, 2 women, or 2 women, 2 men). This would certainly help understand who is ahead with real medal chances. The way this event is organized nowadays, potential viewers at home will be at loss. We are fans of sports and most of us consider this event a joke the way it is. Guess how casual viewers will feel...

Well I like the idea of teams being able to mix up their strategies. One day, a different strategy will work. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela