website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Los Angeles 2028 Sports Programme

NBC Sports is reporting that lacrosse and squash are indeed part of the proposal. LA28 will ask for six(!) additional sports at the IOC Session.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

NBC Sports is reporting that lacrosse and squash are indeed part of the proposal. LA28 will ask for six(!) additional sports at the IOC Session.

Meaning every other sport will be reduced to 12 entries per event.

22 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Squash getting a long overdue shot at establishing itself as an Olympic sport.

Yeah, that was a pleasant surprise, especially since there was zero reporting suggesting that.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

34 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Meaning every other sport will be reduced to 12 entries per event.

I think we’ll see them design a strategy to increase quotas for this edition.

My take about this suggestions:

- Baseball / Softball are popular in USA and all fields are ready to host and will attract a lot of audience

- same with Lacrosse and Flag football but to a bit less extent 

- Cricket is very popular in Asia and economically a great choice with decent number of Fans worldwide 

- Squash is a great surprise.. very cheap to setup a court anywhere.. I guess it has been selected to balance the situation with some European countries like :GBR :FRA happy for   :EGY & :GBR .. hope they claim few medals