website statistics

Women's Football FIFA World Cup 2023

Totallympics

Can someone explain the situation with :ESP coach Jorge Vilda? I see the controversy and mutiny about things like nutrition etc, but people are talking about him using words like "abuser"

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

I don't think anyone knows what's going on. If it's not about the money then it could be about strict training but the end result silenced the naysayers. Just look how USA ended up, their biggest stars became influencers & activists more than football players and suffered their worst World Cup ever. Long story short, it looks like the tail wanted to wag the dog and it backfired :p

Funny how media didn't take so much care about the previous French NT coach that was eventually fired and replaced by Renard. That was far more extreme case and dragged on for much longer.

9 hours ago, Mkbw50 said:

Can someone explain the situation with :ESP coach Jorge Vilda? I see the controversy and mutiny about things like nutrition etc, but people are talking about him using words like "abuser"

Mostly known as a classic power abuser. As one of the pundits on Dutch TV said yesterday (someone with lots of connections into among other things Spanish women's football): "You'd wish these players a world title, you'd wish Spain a world title.....just not this coach. Every win for the Spanish women's team is a loss for women suffering from male power abuse."

Which was not to say she was unhappy with Spain winning, because as she said: the players absolutely deserved it, nothing against them at all.

On the 'bright' side for the Netherlands: one of the current Dutch players, who I believe has a Spanish and a Dutch parent, plays for the Netherlands now because she was one of many being bullied and abused out of the Spanish football world by Vilda :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Mostly known as a classic power abuser. As one of the pundits on Dutch TV said yesterday (someone with lots of connections into among other things Spanish women's football): "You'd wish these players a world title, you'd wish Spain a world title.....just not this coach. Every win for the Spanish women's team is a loss for women suffering from male power abuse."

Which was not to say she was unhappy with Spain winning, because as she said: the players absolutely deserved it, nothing against them at all.

On the 'bright' side for the Netherlands: one of the current Dutch players, who I believe has a Spanish and a Dutch parent, plays for the Netherlands now because she was one of many being bullied and abused out of the Spanish football world by Vilda :p 

He also kissed a player on the mouth after the game and grabbed his balls standing besides the princess

also new FIFA RANKING:

1. Sweden

2. spain

3. Usa

4. england

5. Germany  

Max one of the world rank 1 and the world Champions (rank 2) may even have a chance to reach the olympics.

15 minutes ago, Swewi said:

He also kissed a player on the mouth after the game and grabbed his balls standing besides the princess

also new FIFA RANKING:

1. Sweden

2. spain

3. Usa

4. england

5. Germany  

Max one of the world rank 1 and the world Champions (rank 2) may even have a chance to reach the olympics.

The one who kissed a player on mouth is the Spanish federation president not coach

oh come on, it was on the cheek, maybe too longer than it should be, but still just a friendly cheeky kiss. People are so purist nowadays :p

fd7b0cf7-9a0b-4c6d-a10a-5584073068d5.jpg

but, if he would do that to my niece, I would kill him :p

Edited by hckošice

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

oh come on, it was on the cheek, maybe too longer than it should be, but still just a friendly cheeky kiss. People are so purist nowadays :p

fd7b0cf7-9a0b-4c6d-a10a-5584073068d5.jpg

but, if he would do that to my niece, I would kill him :p

I don't understand the outrage. Do we know that the player didn't want it/have a problem with it? Why do people feel the need to feel insulted on behalf of others? If she has a problem with it, she should express it/speak out herself.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.