website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics LEN European Championships 2018

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Another British 1-2-3 where one is victim of that stupid rule :d 

I would ban that rule,in my opinion 2 swimmers should be max in any category,just like at the Olympics. That way,if you have good time you will qualify,not like this,you have 5th time and dont qualify.

1 minute ago, ChandlerMne said:

I would ban that rule,in my opinion 2 swimmers should be max in any category,just like at the Olympics. That way,if you have good time you will qualify,not like this,you have 5th time and dont qualify.

Yep, or simply allow three per country per event (in European/world champs) and scrap that dumb rule. If a nation starts an event with X athletes, X athletes of that nation should also be able to reach the next rounds.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yep, or simply allow three per country per event (in European/world champs) and scrap that dumb rule. If a nation starts an event with X athletes, X athletes of that nation should also be able to reach the next rounds.

This is only a special case for Europeans... It works just fine if you think of it as national selection.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

This is only a special case for Europeans... It works just fine if you think of it as national selection.

National selection should be done before the event, not during the event. I truly don't care if the number of athletes per country per event is 2, 3, 4 or 75, but if X athletes can start for a nation, a nation should be able to have X athletes in the next rounds, no matter what X is.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

National selection should be done before the event, not during the event. I truly don't care if the number of athletes per country per event is 2, 3, 4 or 75, but if X athletes can start for a nation, a nation should be able to have X athletes in the next rounds, no matter what X is.

Then there are also cases in other sports. Gymnastics, equestrian, etc, all have restrictions in later rounds when it comes to the number of athletes per nation that could advance. :p

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Then there are also cases in other sports. Gymnastics, equestrian, etc, all have restrictions in later rounds when it comes to the number of athletes per nation that could advance. :p

Just as stupid :spank:

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I agree. Also nice solution 

The times impacted were in the women’s 800m freestyle, men’s 100m breaststroke, women’s 100m butterfly, men’s 100m freestyle semi-finals, women’s 100m breaststroke semi-finals and men’s 200m butterfly semi-finals.

The most notable was the men's 100m breaststroke, where Britain's Adam Peaty achieved a world record time of 57.00 seconds.

It has now been revised to 57.10.