:GBR Olympic Marathon Selection :GBR

1st tranche of marathon selections have been announced:

Men:

Phil Sesemann - PB/SB 2:08.02 at Seville Marathon '24

Women:

Charlotte Purdue - PB 2:22.17 from McKirdy Micro Marathon Oct '23

Calli Hauger-Thackery PB 2:22.11 from Berlin Marathon Sep '23

Assume second tranche will be selected after London Marathon

:BEL John Heymans has been talking about how he wrote a computer script to qualify for the Olympics in only 4 races :d

https://www.runnersworld.com/nl/nieuws/a46591071/heymans-olympische-spelen-chatgpt/

Basically, he expected he'd run around 13:15, and he was going entirely for the world ranking qualification pathway instead of the time limits. He entered all athletes who ran 13:15 in the past 5-6 years, ran their results through his script to basically see how many points they got in which races. Some more statistical analysis and stuff was done on the data, and in the end the script gave him a handful of races as best options to score an optimal amount of points...which is what he did, and so he rose on the world ranking all the way to a qualifying spot with only 4 races :bowdown: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

43 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

:BEL John Heymans has been talking about how he wrote a computer script to qualify for the Olympics in only 4 races :d

https://www.runnersworld.com/nl/nieuws/a46591071/heymans-olympische-spelen-chatgpt/

Basically, he expected he'd run around 13:15, and he was going entirely for the world ranking qualification pathway instead of the time limits. He entered all athletes who ran 13:15 in the past 5-6 years, ran their results through his script to basically see how many points they got in which races. Some more statistical analysis and stuff was done on the data, and in the end the script gave him a handful of races as best options to score an optimal amount of points...which is what he did, and so he rose on the world ranking all the way to a qualifying spot with only 4 races :bowdown: 

Not to put a dampener on the story but he ran the qualifying standard so his rankings chase wasn’t needed 

8 minutes ago, dodge said:

Not to put a dampener on the story but he ran the qualifying standard so his rankings chase wasn’t needed 

True, although that came afterwards. He reached his goals, but of course didn't just stop running then, and then also ran the standard because he performed quite a lot better than he had expected :p 

Still, it's cool he scripted his own functioning program to select the smartest races to race (where a lot of athletes told him it's just a matter of racing the highly labled races to get more points, but that's of course not exactly how it works).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Hey everyone,

I'm doing a major check on all lists. At first I compared my own tables to all names mentioned here. Now I'm on the Road to Paris, and I will include here the "missing" quotas I find there. Some are old and either they were not added here or I missed them, sorry if I ended up double-posting them

As I'm going through them through each discipline and not competition, I thought it was easier to post like that. If anyone has any tip on how to better format the posts, please let me know

Women's 100m- OK

Women's 200m

:USAJaMeesia FORD - Clemson Tiger Paw Invitational - Clemson, USA (2024 Feb 10)

:USAJadyn MAYS - NCAA Division I Indoor Championships - Boston, USA (2024 Mar 08)

:USARosey EFFIONG - SEC Indoor Championships - Fayetteville, USA (2024 Feb 24)

:USAKaila JACKSON - NCAA Division I Indoor Championships - Boston, USA (2024 Mar 08)

Women's 400m

:BRNKemi ADEKOYA- 2022 Asian Games - Hangzhou, CHN (2023 Sep 29)

:BRNSalwa Eid NASER- 2022 Asian Games - Hangzhou, CHN (2023 Sep 30)

:GBRAmber ANNING - SEC Indoor Championships - Fayetteville, USA (2024 Feb 24)

:NEDFemke BOL - Indoor World Championships - Glasgow, Scotland, UK (2024 Mar 02)

:USAJermaisha ARNOLD - NACAC U23 Championships - San José, Costa Rica (2023 Jul 22)

:USAChristine MALLARD - USA U20 Championships - Eugene, USA (2023 Jul 09)

:USAKaylyn BROWN - SEC Indoor Championships - Fayetteville, USA (2024 Feb 24)

:USAZiyah HOLMAN - NACAC U23 Championships - San José, Costa Rica (2023 Jul 22)

Edited by Pasolini