Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

George_D

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2017

vinipereira    918
3 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Well, Brazil had decent results in women's... Thais qualified for both AA and Floor finals :d

Yes, good for her, especially considering is her debut year as a senior. Unfortunately, she had a fall performing on the beam, which was by far her best chance of a medal.

Gianlu33    835

Wow, i didn't expect the final from Vanessa Ferrari. She is amazing :bowdown:

OlympicsFan    227

Wow ... the level is absolutely atrocious, especially on the womens side. Where are all the elite gymnasts? None of the top american, chinese, russian girls compete + i think the best british girls are missing (i might be wrong) + no Iordache. In the end at best 10% of the medallists are really top 3 in their event at the moment. Especially in womens beam the level is shockingly bad. Normally even top qualifier Tabea Alt should have struggled to make the final. I dont remember it being that bad 4 years ago. Those world championships are a joke, which is sad, because the canadian crowd and organizers deserved better.

vlad    66
Acum 23 ore, heywoodu a spus:

Apparently Iordache has suffered a very serious injury during warm-up and is out entirely :( 

Yep...All our hopes are gone :facepalm: And I'm dissappointed by Ponor's results :cry:

mrv86    358

After 2 rotations, Larduet and Vernaiev are strugling in AA final, the latter falling from pommel horse

Meanwhile Shirai and the Chinese men are looking good, so the podium might go completely to East Asia, unless Belyavskiy or Davtyan continue to challenge them.

mrv86    358

With one rotation to go, Belyavski takes a little more than .500 lead over Xiao and Shirai.

Vernaiev is out of the podium and Larduet can only go for bronze.

mrv86    358

And Belyavskiy can't handle pressure and fails in high bar... seems the podium will be for :CHN and :JPN

thepharoah    248

1, 2 for China and bronze goes for Japan , a very interesting end for this sporting day , Belyavisky fell on horizontal bar when he was going for Gold and Colombia loses home 2-1 after leading till 89th minute to force a very dramatic last fixture of Conmebol WC qualifications

dareza    588

Belyavskiy is unluckiest man in the world. 4. place in Rio, and now with huge chance for gold, he fell and he was 4. at the end:facepalm:He is my favorite Russian gymnast and Im really sad for him. I hope he will win medal in PH and PB.

Also pitty for Larduet.

Gianlu33    835

Due to an ankle injury during the vault warm up, Ragan Smith has withdrawn from tonight's women's all-around final

mrv86    358

Black seems to have no real competition to be crowned AA champion at home

Congrats to her :yes

dareza    588

lol Russian coaches now hate themselves because Eremina had such a low D in UB.