Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Henry_Leon

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

thepharoah    253
50 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

Last night I had a dream about the France-Belgium match, can you tell I'm anxious? :lol:

Who won in your dream ?

dcro    2,479

So, this picture has been going around a lot these days. :d

downloadfile.jpg.9d3c955cc5ac14a0305628bf122a4d1b.jpg

That guy with cellphone. :roflmao:

Bohemia    303
1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

Who won in your dream ?

France after extra time :lol:

But earlier in the match Belgium was leading 6-3. After 90 minutes it was 6-6 and then there was only one goal during ET that made France win :lol:

• Haha 5

De_Gambassi    262
il y a 56 minutes, Bohemia a déclaré:

France after extra time :lol:

But earlier in the match Belgium was leading 6-3. After 90 minutes it was 6-6 and then there was only one goal during ET that made France win :lol:

Sounds legit. I've put my monthly salary on it. Thanks for the tip.

• Haha 1

heywoodu    2,990

@MHSN One of the main Dutch referees has said he would put his money on Faghani :IRI to be chosen as referee for the final :p

Would be the first ever Asian :)

hckosice    1,706
4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

@MHSN One of the main Dutch referees has said he would put his money on Faghani :IRI to be chosen as referee for the final :p

just like at the last Olympics in Rio

MHSN    259
16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

well yeah Iranian media talk about it everyday specially when Cakir is assigned for one of the semifinals. but I'm not sure yet. that would be nice to have some Iranians in the final. since Iran will never play in a World Cup final. :d

btw he is not a nobody, he was in Olympic final. AFC Asian Cup final. AFC champions league final and FIFA World Club Cup final. almost every possible final for an Asian referee. and he didn't have to use VAR so far so I guess that won't be a wrong decision but still who knows

heywoodu    2,990
10 minutes ago, MHSN said:

well yeah Iranian media talk about it everyday specially when Cakir is assigned for one of the semifinals. but I'm not sure yet. that would be nice to have some Iranians in the final. since Iran will never play in a World Cup final. :d

btw he is not a nobody, he was in Olympic final. AFC Asian Cup final. AFC champions league final and FIFA World Club Cup final. almost every possible final for an Asian referee. and he didn't have to use VAR so far so I guess that won't be a wrong decision but still who knows

He sounds like the Asian version of Björn Kuipers then, including the Dutch media talking a lot about his chances :p (and having had basically all European finals)

Monzanator    63

I just don't see an European referee in the final here. The last two Wc finals were given to UEFA refs already and now we have nothing but UEFA teams in the semis and the tournament itself is held in Europe. Just too much Europe involved. Btw, the last time an UEFA referee was given the WC final on European soil was 1974.

Faghani seems like the safest bet for the final. It would have probably been Irmatov before but he had a disappointing performance in the group stage and was send home early.

heywoodu    2,990
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Btw, the last time an UEFA referee was given the WC final on European soil was 1974.

And since then, only 4 World Cups have been held in Europe, so that is a sample that says nothing :p (not saying I expect a European in the final)

Edited by heywoodu

Monzanator    63
Just now, heywoodu said:

And since then, only 4 World Cups have been held in Europe, so that is a sample that says nothing :p (not saying I expect a European in the final)

Outside of 1986 all non-UEFA based World Cup finals were given to UEFA refs though. I mean you can see the pattern when you ditch the sample and look at the big picture.

thiago_simoes    186

In my mind, this match should have been the final. Whichever team wins the CRO-ENG match is not really up to the task of being World Champion, in my opinion.