website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

36 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

It's a different problem in UK. The funding is being cut all across the boards as the "winning at all cost" mentality has become untenable for social injustice reasons. It's all about welfare issues of those second-rate athletes so the best funded and most successful sports will have to take a massive pay cut.

Only some - some sports have the ability to get a lot more private funding than others. Also it depends on the grassroots ability of a sport - those with better grassroots and ability to get kids into sport will fare better than those like Rowing where a lot of people don’t take up till late teens. 

Men's Team
Final Results

:ROC  ROC

Denis Abliazin

David Belyavskiy

Artur Dalaloyan

Nikita Nagornyy

:JPN  Japan 

Daiki Hashimoto

Kazuma Kaya

Takeru Kitazono

Wataru Tanigawa

:CHN  China  

Lin Chaopan

Sun Wei

Xiao Ruoteng

Zou Jingyuan

Full Final Results Here
Qualification Results Here

In my pre-Olympics analysis, I mentioned that I didn't trust the Japanese team at all and, well, I had a strong point in the end.

Silver is still better than what I expected for them. Japan has always had the worst and less logical selection system for gymnasts for the team competition, and I hope this silver medal will help them understand that.

China with yet another bronze medal will surely be a big disappointment, but at least now this time they have at least three big, clear chances for a gold medal in artistic gymnastics, not to mention in trampoline. Their gymnastics disaster in Rio will not happen again unless the gymnastics god really hate China for some reason.

Congratulations to Russia. It's great to see Nagornyy, Belyavskiy, Ablyazin and especially Dalaloyan with a gold medal. All four of them deserved it for a long time and now it finally happened!

8 hours ago, Federer91 said:

What a well deserved gold for Russia. One of the strongest competitions in the whole Olympics so far. Some of these russian boys wanted to retire, because of multiple injuries (our commentator info) and the tears are very pure. :bowdown: 

The BBC in the UK love them.

I forgot to comment here yesterday that out of all the sports so far, this is the one where the lack of the audience made the biggest impact for me. At least in most sports there's enough atmosphere to sell the big moments. Here there isn't anything supplementing the audience reactions during the routines, the silence is terrible.