website statistics

Mediterranean Games 2022

Totallympics

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Literally at the same time as the Commonwealth Games. I wonder what will Malta decide too do 

and Cyprus. I’d say the Commonwealth Games are a bigger deal, but who knows. Either way, it’s douche move to choose the same dates.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

and Cyprus. I’d say the Commonwealth Games are a bigger deal, but who knows. Either way, it’s douche move to choose the same dates.

maybel thay will send for the both as an opportunity to give young athletes a chance at a big tournament

6 minutes ago, Dnl said:

maybel thay will send for the both as an opportunity to give young athletes a chance at a big tournament

I don’t know what the monetary situation of either NOC is. It might just come down to which sports choose to send a team where (and rather the NOC can afford it).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, intoronto said:

Literally at the same time as the Commonwealth Games. I wonder what will Malta decide too do 

There is no overlap. Mediterranean Games June 25 - July 5. Commonwealth Games July 27 - August 7

• 8 months later...

There’s finally a nice official website: http://oran2022.com

They have the events program listed here, and let’s just say it’s an “interesting” collection of events once more. I’ve listed some “highlights” below:

Athletics - No 10000m, High Jump is men’s only, Hammer Throw is women’s only, Shot Put is men’s only, Triple Jump is men’s only

Basketball - is 3x3 only once again, no 5x5 events

Boxing - 9 weight classes, men’s only

Fencing - will have a full program of 6 individual events once more, unlike that weirdness in Tarragona

Football - U23, men’s only

Gymnastics - Artistic only, Rhythmic has been dropped

Weightlifting - only 4 events! 2 weight class each for men/women

Wrestling - looks like they haven’t finalized the program, or there’s a glitch on the page...

Equestrian - Jumping only once again

Table Tennis - Doubles events, instead of Team events

Shooting - 10m events + trap(?) 

Sailing - 4 events only, RS:X + Laser events

Volleyball - Beach Volleyball has been dropped

There will be 0 Mixed events on the program. There will be no para-sport events on the program. Canoe, Golf, Rowing, Triathlon, Water Skiing have all been dropped as well.