website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Biggest Gold Medal Favourites

1 hour ago, rafalgorka said:

Athletics Men

100 - Noah Lyles USA

200 - Noah Lyles USA

400 - Wayde van Niekerk RSA

800 - ADAM KSZCZOT POL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) why not have a dream? my favourite Polish athlete (from those who are competing right now), BTW

1500 - somebody from KEN

5000 - somebody from ETH

10000 - somebody from ETH

marathon - somebody from ETH

3000 SC - somebody from KEN

110 hurdles - Sergey Shubenkov RUSSIA, not some without country individual but RUSSIA

400 hurdles - Abderrahman Samba QAT - 0.01 sec before Rai Benjamin ANT both with under the Kevin Young WR - the race of the games

High Jump - Mutaz Essa Barshim QAT - why not have a dream hahaha? my favourite athlete (from those who are competing right now) from all over the world BTW

Pole Vault - Sam Kendricks USA

Long Jump - Luvo Manyonga RSA

Triple Jump - Pedro Pablo Pichardo POR - anyone knows if there is a chance he will be allowed to compete for Portugal?

Shot Put - Tom Walsh NZL

Discus Throw - Andrius Gudzius LTU

Hammer Throw - Wojciech Nowicki POL

Javelin Throw - Johannes Vetter GER

Decathlon - Damian Warner  CAN

Race Walk 20km - somebody from JPN

Race Walk 50km - Matej Toth SVK

4x100 - USA

4x400 - USA

As far as I understand Pichardo should qualify to compete for Portugal in November 2020.

Although this may change as the new IAAF rules are finalized

vor 3 Stunden schrieb heywoodu:

But I think you slightly misunderstood the question :p 

The 'goal' is to discuss about the athletes (or teams) with the biggest chance to win a certain event. I mean, sure Barshim and Samba and Manyonga have real chances to win gold, but they're not athletes in an event where one could say 'He basically can't lose!' (Samba can trip over a hurdle, high jump and long jump are rather sensitive for foul jumps). Different than for example a rowing event where a certain boat is absolutely dominant, it's not like it's realistic for this boat to suddenly sink in the Olympic final :p 

Have you ever rowed in Japan? No? Then how would you know whether its realistic for a boat to sink in an olympic final or not? :wacko::p

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb rafalgorka:

Oh, this was amazing swim by Kathleen Baker last night! I watched it on YT few times already. Hats off! This duel - Baker and Masse - with some young breakthrough from JPN may be one of he best races in Tokyo IMO

Also dont sleep on Regan Smith, Taylor Ruck and the australian girls + i dont know how well Fu Yuanhui is doing currently, might be the only swimming event without any europeans in the final (sadly).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 minuty temu, OlympicsFan napisał:

Wlodarczyk?

Probably so. But not so sure. If Russians are coming in the full squad, there may be someone new. And US women are big contenders this season. We will be able to say more after Doha.

Edited by rafalgorka
mistakes

vor 2 Stunden schrieb phelps:

32 at the end of the games (late August)...

in London she clearly missed out on the entire meet (she was swinging from Lucas and our federal site in Verona...and obviously she was caught in between the war those 2 were making)...and still she was 5th in the 200m...

in Rio she ended up 4th despite she had very big "period" troubles just a short time before the final...had she been not so unlucky, she would have been there with Ledecky and Sjostrom until the last stroke for sure...

remember..."never underestimate the heart of a champion" (cit.)...

p.s. looking at how she reacted (and how she started the season, with a world record so early last Winter), last year Ledecky was more than annoyed by the only defeat of her career since London 2012...:whistle:

p.p.s. I just read an interview with Niccolò Campriani...and he says he's not excluding at 100% his comeback (I guess he's being put under heavy, heavy pressure by our NOC...and actually I also think he's too young to really retire from such discipline like shooting -he normally was one of the youngest starters in all the finals he's done in his life)...

if this comeback will really happen, it would increase our medal chance at least by 3 (his 2 individual events + the mixed air rifle competition with his fiancèe -wife? I don't know if they got married in the meantime or not- Petra Zublasing)...

because if he's coming back, he's gonna be the main favourite in all these events, I think...

Since the introduction of womens 200 free into the olympics (1968) no woman older than 27 has won a medal in this event, so it would be really something for Pellegrini to win a medal at 32.

About Campriani: I agree that he is too young, the same is true for Henri Junghänel and in my opinion also Barbara Engleder, but they owe nothing to the federation and can determine on their own how they want to lead their life. I am not sure whether he will be the favorite just like that, he certainly will need some time to get back to his old level, but if he gets there, he will certainly be among the favorites.

vor 25 Minuten schrieb rafalgorka:

Probably so. But not so sure. If Russians are coming in the full squad, there may be someone new. And US women are big contenders this season. We will be able to say more after Doha.

Russians: I dont see anyone who could reach 80 m + i dont think they will be back by then.

Americans: I dont think they can throw 78 m at a major competition + i hope that they will be caught sooner than later.

12 minut temu, OlympicsFan napisał:

Russians: I dont see anyone who could reach 80 m + i dont think they will be back by then.

Americans: I dont think they can throw 78 m at a major competition + i hope that they will be caught sooner than later.

And don't forget Chinese. In 2 years, Chinese may be the Strongest.

Na Luo threw 75m in Halle, and she's only 25

Edited by rafalgorka