website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

Provisional Standing of the ATP/WTA US Open Prediction Contest after Day 5 is available here

To all contestants.

The last Rounds of 32 matches will be played today. I will try my best to publish new brackets for the Rounds of 16 to Finals as soon as we know all the players in the Rounds of 16. From Rounds of 16, contestants are allowed to edit their predictions between rounds. This means contestants can edit their predictions for the Quarterfinals when all matches in the Rounds of 16 have been completed. Contestants doesn't have to fill out the full brackets when they get published. You only have to predict Set Scores + Winners for the upcoming rounds. Of course you can predict the whole bracket at once and later edit them when you are allowed to do so. I will announce here in the Prediction Contests Discussion thread when you are allowed to edit your predictions.

@Henry_Leon, @africaboy, @George_D, @Pablita, @ady48, @PakoNatxo, @vlad, @Speedy, @CiroMennella99, @Agger, @Federer91, @heywoodu, @titicow, @Dolby, @Ufilov, @hckosice, @Dunadan, @Monzanator, @toulousain, @Vic Liu, @Wanderer

@Herberth10, @rybak, @EupenM, @Laraja

Provisional Standing of the ASO/UCI Tour De France Prediction Contest after Day 8 is available here

To all contestants, you are now allowed to edit your predictions until the start of Stage 9, 12:35 (GMT +2)

@toulousain, @Monzanator,@Henry_Leon, @africaboy, @George_D, @Agger, @Pablita, @ady48, @heywoodu, @SteveParker, @hckosice, @Federer91@PakoNatxo,@Ufilov,@vlad, @titicow

@Dunadan, @Herberth10,@rybak, @EupenM, @Laraja

Prediction Designs for the Rounds of 16 to Finals in the ATP/WTA US Open Prediction Contest are available here

Please remember to make your predictions for at least the Rounds of 16 matches before the first match of today begins at 17:00 (GMT+ 2)

Spoiler

Scoring Format (Rounds of 16 to Finals):

- Correct Winner + Correct Set Score - 5 points

- Correct Winner + Wrong Set Score - 3 point

- Wrong Winner - 0 points

@toulousain, @Monzanator,@Henry_Leon, @africaboy, @George_D, @Agger, @Pablita, @ady48, @heywoodu, @SteveParker, @hckosice, @Federer91@PakoNatxo,@Ufilov,@vlad, @titicow

Week 2 Prediction Design for the ASO/UCI Tour De France Prediction Contest is now available here

To all contestants, you have until the start of Stage 10, September 8th, 13:45 (GMT +2) to make your predictions for Stage 10 and edit your Classification predictions.

Remember, you don't have to make new Classification predictions if you want to keep the same predictions as Week 1.

If you make new Classification predictions, it will affect your possible score from these.

Point System for Classification Predictions :

Spoiler

Points will be awarded as follow:

Week 1 (Before Stage 1)

- For right predicted 1st Place - 24 points

- For right predicted 2nd Place - 22 points

- For right predicted 3rd Place - 20 points

- For right predicted Rider, but wrong place - 10 points

Week 2 (After Stage 9 and Before Stage 10)

- For right predicted 1st Place - 16 points

- For right predicted 2nd Place - 14 points

- For right predicted 3rd Place - 12 points

- For right predicted Rider, but wrong place - 5 points

Week 3 (After Stage 15 and Before Stage 16)

- For right predicted 1st Place - 8 points

- For right predicted 2nd Place - 6 points

- For right predicted 3rd Place - 4 points

- For right predicted Rider, but wrong place - 2 points

22 minutes ago, rybak said:

@Wumo we all will be able to change our predictions after that what happened in Djokovic-Carreno Busta match?

Yes. As I wrote in the post with the prediction design, from now on contestants will be allowed to edit their predictions between rounds. When all the matches in the Rounds of 16 have been completed, contestants can change/edit their predictions for the Quarterfinals. You put the names of all the quaterfinalists in the brackets and predict the score of those matches. 

This makes no sense? I realize Djokovic was the run away favorite to win USO but since when every #1 favorite has to win all the Prediction game?

I'm totally against allowing edits just because the favorites doesn't win :wacko:

What's the point of these prediction games anyway? I don't recall edits being allowed when Germany went out in group stage of the last World Cup?

30 minutes ago, Wumo said:

Yes. As I wrote in the post with the prediction design, from now on contestants will be allowed to edit their predictions between rounds. When all the matches in the Rounds of 16 have been completed, contestants can change/edit their predictions for the Quarterfinals. You put the names of all the quaterfinalists in the brackets and predict the score of those matches. 

10 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

This makes no sense? I realize Djokovic was the run away favorite to win USO but since when every #1 favorite has to win all the Prediction game?

I'm totally against allowing edits just because the favorites doesn't win :wacko:

What's the point of these prediction games anyway? I don't recall edits being allowed when Germany went out in group stage of the last World Cup?

Djokovic didnt loose the game but DSQ. That is a special occasion. I think the best for all would be that this outcome dont to be count for the prediction. No points for all

Also i agree it would be better not to allow edits from this stage and on (even if i lost many game results today)