website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2018 Thread

Dragon

An open letter from Victor An to the IOC President Thomas Bach

Dear Mr. President Thomas Bach,

Back in 2002, I got my first opportunity to participate in Olympic Games. The present ones in Korea were supposed to become an especially significant part of my career for several reasons. Two weeks before the start of the Olympics I found out that the Olympic movement does not consider me an athlete, who deserves to be a part of it without even providing an explanation.

During my entire career journey in short track, I’ve never given a reason to doubt my honesty and my integrity, especially when it comes to my victories which I achieved with nothing but my strength and dedication. I have always maintained respect to the sport itself, my rivals, the Olympic movement, and I’ve always complied with the anti-doping legislation. I honestly thought that properly completing all the steps to meet the criteria to be a part of the Olympic Games, a "clean" athlete deserves a right to compete there. However, the IOC commission has decided otherwise and didn’t provide me with reasons why so.

I thoroughly went over the criteria which commission utilized when they made this decision. I can honestly declare that I haven’t done anything that would justify putting me on the list of athletes barred from participating in the Olympic Games.

It is outrageous that there is no concrete reason which explains my exclusion from the Olympics, and furthermore people now view me as an athlete who used doping. After all these years in sports, this verdict of preventing me to be in Olympics has become a symbol of mistrust to me from the side of IOC as well as the reason of mistrust from the side of the entire sport community.

I hope that the IOC will ultimately declare their reason for my exclusion, so I will be able to defend my honor and dignity. I have a full right to believe and hope that I have the trust of my supporters, as well as journalists, after my long journey in short-track and with absolute absence of my fault in this situation, when I’m deprived an opportunity to participate in the Olympics.

Sincerely Yours, Viktor An

https://rsport.ria.ru/blog_speedskating/20180126/1131630279.html

Victor shouldnt watch Russian TV, there's terrible propaganda. Only German TV with Hayo Zeppelt. ARD, There will quickly explain:d

Скрытый текст

Edited by Dimast

actually, Fiorella and Fischetto were the doctors of the Italian Athletics team at the time of Alex's 1st positive test in 2012, before the London Games...

so, they've been convicted because, according to the judge's decision, they knew he was taking drugs well before he tested positive and tried to hide that...

moreover, Fischetto was also the man in charge for the IAAF to investigate on the Russian race-walkers...

and when Schwazer did testimony against him at the first auditions of these procedings, he was the mastermind (with help from the Russians) behind all the farce of Alex's second positive test (at the beginning of 2016)...but this last art has not been stated in this trial, because, among other things, IAAF and Koelner lab didn't release the samples of that test yet despite the orders from both Italian and German judges...

but this is just another story...

p.s. however, non of those criminals would spend a day in jail, since Fiorella and Fischetto have been sentenced to 2 years only and Rita Bottiglieri (she was -is?- one of the Italian Federation board members) just to 9 months, which means in our Country that the sentence is suspended and replaced by a strong fine (only sentences of 36 months and more are executive and could lead people to jail)...

here's an article about yesterday's sentence (in Italian)...

http://www.repubblica.it/sport/vari/2018/01/25/news/doping_caso_schwazer_condannati_tre_medici_fidal-187262121/?ref=RHRS-BH-I0-C6-P14-S1.6-T1

Edited by phelps

@Dimast @De_Gambassi Ok guys, enough. You have your own ideas and none of you will be able to convince the other, so if you want to go on your discussion do it through Private Message, if you want to stop it, there is always the "Ignore" button on the users you do not want to read posts ;)

10 минут назад, Sindo сказал:

@Dimast @De_Gambassi Ok guys, enough. You have your own ideas and none of you will be able to convince the other, so if you want to go on your discussion do it through Private Message, if you want to stop it, there is always the "Ignore" button on the users you do not want to read posts ;)

You're right, I'm sorry, Sindo. :bowdown:I've been here six years, you know, but the first time  ... again, sorry

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

Really, why is deleting posts such a thing here?

I have deleted 5 posts of a private conversation between Dimast and De Gambassi which was becoming a dangerous discussion and completely private between the two users. Are you talking about those posts or other mods have deleted other posts ?

Juste maintenant , Sindo a déclaré:

I have deleted 5 posts of a private conversation between Dimast and De Gambassi which was becoming a dangerous discussion and completely private between the two users. Are you talking about those posts or other mods have deleted other posts ?

They're were nothing private about what I wrote. But, it was getting toxic and I understand why you deleted them.

2 minutes ago, Sindo said:

I didn't read everything, but earlier it looked just like a discussion. Thought there were more posts that got deleted.

#banbestmen