website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2020

47 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

Thanks for getting this song in front of the whole world and to Indians also...Good job bro.

Yeah actually there's quite a reason behind choosing the song as I said yesterday. 

1 of the Bollywood  songs had already been decided some 20 days before deadline. It's lyrics in English, French, Spanish and Portugese was also available and was all but assured to be the Indian entry . But I wanted to post the entry on my birthday which was the last day to send the entry( being superstitious about my luck) .

Just 3-4 days before I had a thought I could go for a different language since India has no many languages. Bengali, Tamil, Gujrathi all made the cut but I didn't get the appealing song. Then I thought I could go for something north east .

North Eastern India is always on the receiving end. They are discriminated very unjustly throughout the country for decades. 

I highly recommend you to read this articles. With north eastern India known having a smaller population and vote share no political party is interested except in Assam which is the biggest state in north east. Usually regional parties win there. There is no development done by the central government whatsoever .

And the media has turned a blind eye to the nature's paradise and only report the negatives. 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/readersblog/wakeup-india/why-northeast-india-face-racism-in-its-own-country-20390/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theprint.in/india/beaten-abused-spat-on-people-from-northeast-endure-racist-slurs-amid-coronavirus-panic/387716/%3famp

So with all this I wanted to search for a north eastern song and mizo made it to the contest. Also I hope if any north east Indians read this anytime in future perhaps they will be proud to know that they have been represented too. 

Now coming to my top 12. 

@Glen Congrats on your 1st podium your song honestly deserves that! 

Also great song from Serbia ,Ireland @OlympicIRL*

@titicow Nice choice loved it 

@Vic Liu* The song didn't do well on scores but this was even better than TAISC entry for me. Melodious and peaceful pretty much in my zone. 

@catgamer* Wonderful choice liked it 

@Janakis@justony *@Wanderer * @Griff88

@Ionoutz24 * Loved the music 

@Cobi Expected a little more maybe. I love Spanish music and if it was a little more catchy and strong like pop could have done better . 

Also Argentina yet again missed the top 12 along with Netherlands ,Egypt, Denmark. 

* 7/12 nations recieved their 1st points from me in TISC! 

This was the best entry from Malta, China,New Zealand, Moldova, Ireland, Germany, Brazil ,Lithuania and Czech Republic since I joined TISC last year. (I have not gone through many previous entries so maybe I can differ from others 

Thanks to everyone for voting !

@Dnl @Cobi @Glen @Vic Liu

@Ruslan ( Congrats on your best finish too and also the first Kazakshthan song which was shot in India in Marmagão,Goa if I'm not wrong . Maybe Indian luck for Kazakshthan and vice versa)  

@OlympicIRL @Vojthas  @rybak

@amen09 @tuniscof (I think the Tunisian entry got lesser votes than deserved) 

@Dragon ( British - India Alliance ?

@justony 

@Griff88 ( Indo-India alliance ?Thanks for the silver ) 

@Bohemia 

@IoNuTzZ @catgamer Silver  from both of you thanks! 

@kungshamra71 

@Michal HrochHope you enjoyed your 1st contest. Keep Participating and thanks for the points. 

@titicow

@Wumo @Agger I was a bit shocked looking at it initially like if it was Italy or something ?. Even more suprising was getting points from both of you. 

Really felt this was the best Indian entry before sending but was unsure if the language would be a  barrier .

:SRB v :CAN 

Aad1cT6.png

:SRB +12 or +11: :MDA  :POR  :FRA  :MEX  :IND 

:SRB +10 or +9: :EGY  :ARG  :NED  

:SRB +8 or +7: :NZL  :TUN  

:SRB +4 or +3: :BUL  :GBR  :POL  :INA  :CZE  

:SRB  +2 or +1: :SVK  :GER  :GRE  :ITA  **:CAN**

0: :CRO  :IRL  :LTU  :DEN  :HUN 

:CAN  +1 or +2: :BRA  :MLT  **:SRB**

:CAN +3 or +4: :ROU  :ESP 

:CAN +5 or +6: :KAZ 

:CAN +9 or +10: :ISR  :USA  :SLO