website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Happy Holidays and Birthdays Thread

leli.

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

Well, at least that's how it used to be, don't think many families can afford it these days. 

There’s a lot of families in the U.S. that open one gift on Christmas Eve, and then the open the rest on Christmas. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Merry Christmas to all my fellow Totallympians!! :toast::)

May you all have a wonderful day, filled with special moments with your loved ones, and may all your wishes come true. :yes

Edited by Josh

Merry Christmas everyone, may the food be tasty :cheer: 

As for gifts: some people in the Netherlands participate in it, others don't, as always because especially for families with children there was 5 December :p As for my own family: we've got a few presents under the tree, which will be opened on New Year's Eve for practical reasons - my sister and her boyfriend can't come on Christmas due to my sister having to work night shifts at the hospital, so they'll visit on New Year's Eve and then we open the Christmas presents.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate. I hope you have a wonderful time with your families and that you have a happy and healthy Christmas. And I hope you are spoiled with something nice to open and good food and drink.

:toast:

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Merry Christmas everyone, may the food be tasty :cheer: 

As for gifts: some people in the Netherlands participate in it, others don't, as always because especially for families with children there was 5 December :p As for my own family: we've got a few presents under the tree, which will be opened on New Year's Eve for practical reasons - my sister and her boyfriend can't come on Christmas due to my sister having to work night shifts at the hospital, so they'll visit on New Year's Eve and then we open the Christmas presents.

The tradition here for many years was that gifts were given on New Years. This was true for my childhood as well. But in the last decade or so things changed and practically everyone does it on the 25th now.

On 12/24/2023 at 7:27 PM, Olympian1010 said:

@Jur @Cobi do either of your families employ the “Cagatio” thing in lieu of Santa Claus? I just learned about that practice this year.

Nope, that's only in Catalonia.

I'm from the Basque Country, we dont have Santa either. I have Olentzero, a charcoal burner that pre dates christianity. He likes to drink wine and eat a lot. He was supposed to be a giant and represented the burnt of the past and the new begginigs.

But with chrsitianity he's role was edited to be some sort of Santa and he went down the mountains to announce the birth oif Jesus and now he brings presents to the good kids and coal to the bad ones.

He was banned during the dictatorships (anything basque was during that time)

olentzero1-1024x712.jpg

Christmas ended yesterday, but I wanted to share all the things I got :yes (Parents decided to combine my Birthday gifts with my Christmas gifts, as most of them were gonna come a couple weeks late) 

- Some clothes

- Cologne/Deodorant

- Ticket to my first ever NHL game (Canucks v. Kings on March 25)

- Doncic, Poole, Curry, Demko Jerseys (I bought three of the jerseys myself)

- Stocking Stuffers (Chips, gum, candy, portable charger, airtag)

- Money

- Tennis Shirt/Shorts

- Hockey Stick (a second one)

- Massage Gun

- Training Suit (for swimming)

Edited by Josh

On 12/25/2023 at 1:59 PM, bestmen said:

Christianty is a Palestinian religion ....stop celebrate it , its not a game 

Happy holidays to you as well :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!