website statistics

Athletics WA World Relays 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Posted (edited)

Qualification for the World Athletics Relays has concluded as of today, here are the nations that have qualified. 14 quotas will be up for grabs in each of the 5 events. 

Women’s 4x100m: :BAH:USA:JAM:CIV:GBR:ITA:NED:SUI:POL:GER:TTO:AUS:ESP:NGR:FRA:CUB:CAN:CHN:LBA:HUN:DOM:BRA:BEL:ECU:GRE:JPN:LTU:DEN:COL:AUT:CHI:EST

Women’s 4x400m: :BEL:IRL:BRN:IND:CZE:BOT:NOR:FIN:KEN:SRI:VIE:ZAM:UKR:BAH:NED:JAM:GBR:CAN:BEL:ITA:POL:USA:CUB:NGR:FRA:GER:HUN:DOM:SUI:AUS:ESP:COL

Men’s 4x100m: :RSA:GHA:THA:KOR:TPE:TUR:KSA:BAH:USA:ITA:JAM:CAN:JPN:GBR:FRA:BRA:NGR:GER:CHN:TTO:AUS:NED:SUI:LBA:DOM:POL:ESP:BEL:DEN:KEN:CUB:CZE

Men’s 4x400m: :QAT:BAR:SEN:ALG:VEN:MAR:MEX:BAH:USA:FRA:GBR:IND:ZAM:BOT:JAM:ITA:NED:BEL:JPN:GER:CZE:KEN:TTO:SRI:NGR:DOM:POL:ESP:HUN:RSA:TUR:CAN

Mixed 4x400m: :SLO:ROU:POR

:BAH:USA:GBR:BEL:CZE:NED:FRA:POL:GER:NGR:ITA:IRL:BOT:BRN:JAM:HUN:MEX:SUI:KEN:IND:COL:DOM:RSA:UKR:CAN:SRI:NOR:JPN:LTU

Edited by Sindo

11 minutes ago, CCB said:

Norway :NOR in the 4x400 mixed will be a dark horse for the medals in Paris.

Who would be their 4th leg? I'm guessing you're saying Karsten, Ingvaldsen and Jaeger for the other 3 legs?

It'll be interesting to see what teams countries will send to the World Relays. With so limited other option to qualify, you would expect people to send strong teams. But that won't necessarily work for the individual athletes. Especially those from nations with limited strength in depth.

36 minutes ago, Josh said:

Not sure where to put this, so I’ll share it here. Qualification for the World Athletics Relays has concluded as of today, here are the nations that have qualified. 14 quotas will be up for grabs in each of the 5 events. 

Women’s 4x100m: :BAH:USA:JAM:CIV:GBR:ITA:NED:SUI:POL:GER:TTO:AUS:ESP:NGR:FRA:CUB:CAN:CHN:LBA:HUN:DOM:BRA:BEL:ECU:GRE:JPN:LTU:DEN:COL:AUT:CHI:EST

Women’s 4x400m: :BEL:IRL:BRN:IND:CZE:BOT:NOR:FIN:KEN:SRI:VIE:ZAM:UKR:BAH:NED:JAM:GBR:CAN:BEL:ITA:POL:USA:CUB:NGR:FRA:GER:HUN:DOM:SUI:AUS:ESP:COL

Men’s 4x100m: :RSA:GHA:THA:KOR:TPE:TUR:KSA:BAH:USA:ITA:JAM:CAN:JPN:GBR:FRA:BRA:NGR:GER:CHN:TTO:AUS:NED:SUI:LBA:DOM:POL:ESP:BEL:DEN:KEN:CUB:CZE

Men’s 4x400m: :QAT:BAR:SEN:ALG:VEN:MAR:MEX:BAH:USA:FRA:GBR:IND:ZAM:BOT:JAM:ITA:NED:BEL:JPN:GER:CZE:KEN:TTO:SRI:NGR:DOM:POL:ESP:HUN:RSA:TUR:CAN

:BAH:USA:GBR:BEL:CZE:NED:FRA:POL:GER:NGR:ITA:IRL:BOT:BRN:JAM:HUN:MEX:SUI:KEN:IND:COL:DOM:RSA:UKR:CAN:SRI:NOR:JPN:LTU

I am sure at some point over the next few days a certain poster will be online saying that GB will not be sending a team to World Relays because of budget constraints at UK Athletics. I sincerely encourage you to ignore him. 

4 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

I am sure at some point over the next few days a certain poster will be online saying that GB will not be sending a team to World Relays because of budget constraints at UK Athletics. I sincerely encourage you to ignore him. 

I thought this weeks excuse was geopolitical tensions?

11 hours ago, Epic Failure said:

Who would be their 4th leg? I'm guessing you're saying Karsten, Ingvaldsen and Jaeger for the other 3 legs?

It'll be interesting to see what teams countries will send to the World Relays. With so limited other option to qualify, you would expect people to send strong teams. But that won't necessarily work for the individual athletes. Especially those from nations with limited strength in depth.

The 4th leg for Ertzgaard. Maybe not the best runner, but if the other three are real good, it doesn't have to matter. 

I'm really curious which athletes the Dutch team send to the World Relays. They have to send both Bol and Klaver to ensure the women's en mixed 4x4.

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, Josh said:

Qualification for the World Athletics Relays has concluded as of today, here are the nations that have qualified. 14 quotas will be up for grabs in each of the 5 events. 

Wait Libya  in women's 4*100?

Edited by Fly_like_a_don

Women’s and mixed heats are within 2 hours of each other. Smaller countries will have to prioritise IMO

So they might have their best runners in a heat one day, and a repechage in a different event the next day. Foregoing a final if they make it