website statistics

Athletics WA World Relays 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

I'm still confused :d

I assume the rules are the same for all events, so: team X gets a top-2 in one of the Saturday heats, and is qualified for the Olympics, right. But team X does not get a top-2 on Saturday...then what? Repechage, where only the top-2 qualifies? But then how do they get to a total of 14 teams qualified at the World Relays per event :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

I'm having flashbacks to high school French classes.......not a happy time :wacko:

malheureusement, j'ai quelque mots seulement en francais, cúpla focal as Gaeilge, ein bisschen deutsch, but not really enough of anything!

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I assume the rules are the same for all events, so: team X gets a top-2 in one of the Saturday heats, and is qualified for the Olympics, right. But team X does not get a top-2 on Saturday...then what? Repechage, where only the top-2 qualifies? But then how do they get to a total of 14 teams qualified at the World Relays per event :d 

4 heats in round one - top 2 in each qualify = 8 total 

3 heats in round two - top 2 in each qualify = 6 total

8+6=14

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Because the top 2 per head qualify in the repechages. And there are three heats in the repechage round. Makes six additional teams.

Edited by EselTheDonkey

If anyone knows how they are going to work out the seeding for the heats on day 2 (or, indeed, how they worked out the seeding for the heats on day 1), I'd love to know.

Worth noting, in case it hasn't already been mentioned, that there's 2 spots in each relay saved for the fastest time for teams that don't qualify this weekend. So let's all hope the US and Jamaican teams get their batons around safely, so that they don't hog those spots. :d

8 hours ago, Epic Failure said:

If anyone knows how they are going to work out the seeding for the heats on day 2 (or, indeed, how they worked out the seeding for the heats on day 1), I'd love to know.

Worth noting, in case it hasn't already been mentioned, that there's 2 spots in each relay saved for the fastest time for teams that don't qualify this weekend. So let's all hope the US and Jamaican teams get their batons around safely, so that they don't hog those spots. :d

The seeding has the same procedure for both days.

So the place at the first days does not effects the seeding for the second day. 

Important note: DQ and DNF at the first day allows to start at the day 2. DNS at the 1st day does not allow to start at the day 2

image.png