website statistics

Athletics WA World Relays 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Kind of surprised Norway haven't given the mixed 4x400m relay a try. They qualified a women's 4x400m relay here so they clearly have a couple of decent runners there and add Warholm and Ingvaldsen (who was 6th at last year's world championships in 400m) and they have the basis to challenge for medals.

4 hours ago, dodge said:

As it stands, these are the top nations by time that haven’t qualified yet

Women’s 4x100m

:ESP Spain - 42.85 
:CHN China - 43.03 

Men’s 4x100m:

:BRA Brazil - 38.19 

:TTO Trinidad & Tobago - 38.30 

Women’s 4x400m:
:CUB Cuba - 3:26.08 
:NGR Nigeria - 3:27.29 

Men’s 4x400m:
:FRA France - 2:58.45 
:ZAM Zambia - 2:59.12 

Mixed 4x400m:
:CZE Czech Republic - 3:11.98

:ITA Italy - 3:13.56 

Where i can find the relay rankings? Thanks

Completed re watching the session. I'd remember it for those Liberian singlets, that's unique and wierd. 

:IND Qualifying both relays is good overall. I expected 2 or even 3 if we qualified the Women on Day 1 and the Men improve. Good thing is that we qualified so lot of time to peak properly.

I expected us to DNS in Mixed to focus on both the relays which worked. With our best female relay runner, Vithya out of form I expect us to get a better time. Also Jyotika was excellent on her senior debut. Sub 3:26 here would have been cool but that's ok it can now be saved for Olympics and with quotas secured there would be a tight competition for entry into the Indian team.

Feel bad for Mexico maybe if they qualified today we would get ranking quota, but not a sureity though. I would go with Anas-Tom-Ajmal-Jacob with Rajiv as alternate unless Rajesh returns. Overall good tournament.

11 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

Actually in the first round we had a similar schedule and ramesh our best male relay runner, cramped up in the men's which he ran an hr after the mixed... So we decided in the repechage runs to drop the mixed  and focus only on men's and women's.... I think ramesh may be ok.... But this close runs I think could increase chance of injury..... 

Not to be *that* person, but it was a 3hr gap between those 2 races (mixed heat started 19:16, men's heat started 22:22). So still a short gap but not quite as short as an hour!

I think, in retrospect, India were *very* unlucky in the men's 4x4 on day 1. Not because of the injury to Ramesh as such but the draw.

You ended up in a heat which had the only sub 3 min runs of the day. Obviously with your pedigree in the event in recent years you would have stood a chance to match those times if your guys were on form but it would have been a very tough race in any scenario.

20 hours ago, dodge said:

As it stands, these are the top nations by time that haven’t qualified yet

Women’s 4x100m

:ESP Spain - 42.85 
:CHN China - 43.03 

Men’s 4x100m:

:BRA Brazil - 38.19 

:TTO Trinidad & Tobago - 38.30 

Women’s 4x400m:
:CUB Cuba - 3:26.08 
:NGR Nigeria - 3:27.29 

Men’s 4x400m:
:FRA France - 2:58.45 
:ZAM Zambia - 2:59.12 

Mixed 4x400m:
:CZE Czech Republic - 3:11.98

:ITA Italy - 3:13.56 

Dutch men’s 4 x 100 also ran 38:30 just last week.