website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Cup 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, NearPup said:

No dopping tests over the past few years :P

Ahh that makes sense,  no wonder the sport is at risk. Pretty unfortunate 

3 hours ago, copravolley said:

If I good understand that universal places are intended for exotic countries? There is no chance that, for example, Zanni would get such a place in his category?

to put in objective terms, universality quotas are for countries with less than an average of 8 athletes in individual sports on the last 2 Olympics.

3 hours ago, Andry84 said:

In 59 France Is qualified,they Will use only in 71 if Fegue Will choose 81

So, in the 59kg, the 11th athlete (Taylor Wilkins) would get the quota, right?

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Pasolini said:

So, in the 59kg, the 11th athlete (Taylor Wilkins) would get the quota, right?

Nope. USA has 3 other much better athletes in other weights

Beside that in this case IWF will decide wich weight will receive a wild card or reallocation 

Edited by MHSN

2 hours ago, Griff88 said:

Hopefully that elusive gold will come in Paris, so the sport will be well-funded than before and we can actually become a powerhouse.

Top athlete like Rahmat Abdullah still train in a dilapidated gym without electricity and using rusty weights owned by his father (who is also his coach). Most of the weightlifting Olympians of this country hails from the same province and also the same club, where the club founder fed and trained those poor kids into Olympians for free.

If the athletes can get results in such shit conditions, imagine if Indonesian weightlifting have a better funding.

What do you have to say about today's results? Will there be any other trials or Rizki deemed injured or anything?

43 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Nope. USA has 3 other much better athletes in other weights

Beside that in this case IWF will decide wich weight will receive a wild card or reallocation 

That's where I'm not fully clear. Let's say that France has a quota on 59kg and 81kg. They will choose a host nation of 71kg most probably. If I'm not mistaken 

image.png

So I think @MHSNis right because IWF would have to choose which category between 81 and 59 to give a ranking quota and which to give universality. Do you think they would look at who would get the rankings quota and who would get the Universality quota (Malta or Lebanon?) and decide?

57 minutes ago, Pasolini said:

That's where I'm not fully clear. Let's say that France has a quota on 59kg and 81kg. They will choose a host nation of 71kg most probably. If I'm not mistaken 

image.png

So I think @MHSNis right because IWF would have to choose which category between 81 and 59 to give a ranking quota and which to give universality. Do you think they would look at who would get the rankings quota and who would get the Universality quota (Malta or Lebanon?) and decide?

the federation announced that Dora Tchakounté was qualified in -59kg

6 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

What do you have to say about today's results? Will there be any other trials or Rizki deemed injured or anything?

Well unfortunately that last hasty C&J lift cost Rahmat dearly… It is what it is. No dispute or anything else from what I have read.