website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Cup 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

No chance for any italian in any sports to have universality quotas

So at 99% only Massidda and Pizzolato remain. I have a little disappointment. I was counting on 4 places: 3 men + 1 girl. Well, they didn't deserve it. Today, it was enough for Zanni to pass 336 kg and he would be ahead of the Spaniard.

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

In weightlifting there is always chance for reallocation. Anybody ranks 11 to 13 or even 14 and 15 still has a realistic chance

Beside the obvious reason (doping) injuries also happen alot in this sport 

But then probably a person from the same country is going? For example, a Venezuelan is injured, so someone else from this country jumps in?

1 minute ago, copravolley said:

So at 99% only Massidda and Pizzolato remain. I have a little disappointment. I was counting on 4 places: 3 men + 1 girl. Well, they didn't deserve it. Today, it was enough for Zanni to pass 336 kg and he would be ahead of the Spaniard.

All the other italians are around 12-14 position, lets see what Is going to happen with doping ban ( Turkey, Ukraine.....) and China and Usa choices ( Usa are pretty sure with 49, 71 and +81)

6 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

All the other italians are around 12-14 position, lets see what Is going to happen with doping ban ( Turkey, Ukraine.....) and China and Usa choices ( Usa are pretty sure with 49, 71 and +81)

I wonder what happened to Zanni today? He looked like a person who didn't even want to fight... Injury or some mental problems? For example, a competitor from Turkmenistan clearly broke his personal record and the fight was 100%. For our men has absolutely no emotions.

7 minutes ago, copravolley said:

I wonder what happened to Zanni today? He looked like a person who didn't even want to fight... Injury or some mental problems? For example, a competitor from Turkmenistan clearly broke his personal record and the fight was 100%. For our men has absolutely no emotions.

I Watch all the competitons and its the First time iseeZanni in such condition, he usually smiles and enjoy himself during the competitons  different from the the girls that  are scaried bythemselves,  probably there was something wrong in his condition, in snatch he usually Is at High level

26 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Indonesia is slowly becoming a new powerhouse in this sport. Wouldn't be surprised to see them challenging China more regularly and in more weights.

Hopefully that elusive gold will come in Paris, so the sport will be well-funded than before and we can actually become a powerhouse.

Top athlete like Rahmat Abdullah still train in a dilapidated gym without electricity and using rusty weights owned by his father (who is also his coach). Most of the weightlifting Olympians of this country hails from the same province and also the same club, where the club founder fed and trained those poor kids into Olympians for free.

If the athletes can get results in such shit conditions, imagine if Indonesian weightlifting have a better funding.