website statistics

Milano-Cortina 2026 - Very Early Predictions

I hope all the best NHL players will show up - but we all know it's rather unlikely. If the olympics were in USA or Canada... But fortunately these ones are in Europe and i would really like to go - 3 days, ice hockey, figure skating and short track - that would be fun

All the ice hockey fans:

In an imaginary world, if olympics are this season and if NHL makes a break for games, and if all the best players say YES - what is the real strength of all these main NOCs here? Who should make it to the Top 4???

POL will not be there, if they somehow get there i'd be extremely surprised

1 hour ago, rafalgorka said:

All the ice hockey fans:

In an imaginary world, if olympics are this season and if NHL makes a break for games, and if all the best players say YES - what is the real strength of all these main NOCs here? Who should make it to the Top 4???

:CAN :USA :SWE

:FIN 4th,

:CZE with the pole position for the 5th play however Attenzione for :GER with the Draisaitl, Peterka & Seider squad may very well prevail.

:SVK team will be very very very young but extremely promising, all our new generation stars around Slaf, Nemec, Dvorský, Mešár, Honzek, Adam Gajan & co... will be around for the next games in 2030 and may be a medal contender even in a full NHL best on best tournament, MARK MY WORDS ! But 2026 In Cortina (If we qualify there, which is still not certain at all...) is still their first try and a bit soon, we should make however with such roster the quarterfinals but will submit there to one of the big 4.

:SUI very last dance will be in Milano, so perhaps they may finish among top 4, it will be their very last opportunity, in opposite to us, SUI have very bad prospect for the future right now, once their current stars retire, they will have to survive a very unfortunate period of waiting for new stars I am affraid, maybe for even a decade...

The rest will battle for the last quarterfinals spot and unless huge HUGE upset, but no chance to repeat a BLR-SWE of Salt lake City stuff nowadays I am persuaded, it should be the end of the road in 8th place.

This is all in case of NHL best on best Tournament and without Russia obviously.

If RUS will be there, They will win Bronze I guess, or even face Canada in the final where they will lose to them. and USA in this case will as we know their tradition  lose the bronze medal match to one of the Nordic giants.

Edited by hckošice

1 hour ago, rafalgorka said:

All the ice hockey fans:

:CAN :USA:SWE and :FIN are the main 4 hockey powers (excluding Russia) and should all contend for a medal. :GER is also good if the NHL goes. :CZE :SVK would have outside shots as well. The rest are also-rans imo