website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2023

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Okay, maybe we just push to next Saturday then. It will still start late in Europe, but at least people will have Sunday to recover. It gives me some more time to work on stuff as well.

If anyone is against that move, please speak up.

Just to let you know, at that time I'm on my way to an "early" vacation in Thailand... So I won't be able to post the votes by myself

21 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Just to let you know, at that time I'm on my way to an "early" vacation in Thailand... So I won't be able to post the votes by myself

I think I will move it to relive the time crunch on myself. I'm sorry. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Moving the grand final to next Saturday looks like the best solution, firstly for you @Olympian1010 so you can have more time to prepare.

And then also for most of us because of the time difference and the fact that the contest will be late in the day for most of us, so having it on a Saturday rather than a Sunday will be more convenient for a lot of people.

19 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Okay, maybe we just push to next Saturday then. It will still start late in Europe, but at least people will have Sunday to recover. It gives me some more time to work on stuff as well.

If anyone is against that move, please speak up.

Honestly, do whatever makes it easiest for you. There's not going to be a day where everyone will be able to participate anyway...if you move it to next weekend, there's going to be people unavailable who are available this weekend, but the exact same goes for the opposite. Which leads me to conclude that the most important thing is that best option is whichever option works best for you, as the host. No hard feelings anyway about postponing it, you know; shit happens and I'm sure we all understand that, no worries :p 

As for myself, next Saturday I'd be able to help and post for a large part of the day for example, but also a part will consist of going to the airport to pick up a certain Brazilian Totallympian and then undoubtedly hearing tons of stories and such :d (but the chance of being able to post my own votes is definitely a lot bigger than with any Sunday)

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So, since we are still waiting for a Grand Final maybe we will continue to share a songs from non-competing nations to keep this thread alive?

I can start with :URU and a song which was a huge hit in Poland at some point and sometimes is still playing in radio

Official Announcement

A provisional voting schedule has been added to the first post. Please review the times and let me know if any corrections need to be made.

Also, I am willing to move start of the contest one hour forward if users believe that will be beneficial to their participation in the thread.  

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Official Announcement

A provisional voting schedule has been added to the first post. Please review the times and let me know if any corrections need to be made.

Also, I am willing to move start of the contest one hour forward if users believe that will be beneficial to their participation in the thread.  

Thoughts and prayers for all the late night European juries :d. Not sure if @Werloc loves TISC that much for a 02:45am jury call-up :sleep:

Screen Shot 2023-11-21 at 22.13.55.png

8 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Thoughts and prayers for all the late night European juries :d. Not sure if @Werloc loves TISC that much for a 02:45am jury call-up :sleep:

Screen Shot 2023-11-21 at 22.13.55.png

3 A.M. is literally the only time I have free time these days :lol: 

This voting space actually makes it possible for me to be there :d 

It's very often that I stay up to 2 or 3, because it's my time to chill and nobody contacts me for shit.