website statistics

Asian Games 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

On 10/2/2023 at 1:19 PM, MHSN said:

yeah 3rd North Korean girl to do so

of course people have every right to doubt their cleanness . they probably had never been tested in past 4 years

If dope test negative here will they mean they are innocent? And will dope test be done

28 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

If dope test negative here will they mean they are innocent? And will dope test be done

Usually at a Major dope tests are done for all medal winners & a sample of others. Then of course samples are kept for later re-testing as technology develops.

31 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

they get tested for sure here like everybody else but I don't think anybody excepts them to test positive here. nowadays people rarely test positive "in competition" it's more about out of competition tests.

I'm no doctor. people with more knowledge can explain better. but since 2019 nobody could enter PRK to test their athletes. so they came here without any doping test in past 4 years. of course they are clean now but who knows what they did in past few years. using drugs don't only help you in official competitions, they also help you tolerate heavy trainings.

but while it's very hard, we still have to give them the benefit of the doubt. innocent until proven guilty

6 minutes ago, Roamingrover86 said:

@MHSN the wrestling draws are out. What is your take on it? Will you do a detailed preview like you did for world championships? 

:d I'm too tired, have to wake up very early in the morning 

I think it's much more unpredictable. because some guys are tired after the Worlds (but we don't know how much tired) and some guys like your Bajrang is more fresh. we might see some big names falling here becase of that. and the officiating is always terrible at the Asian Games in favor of certain ...istan countries and one South something country :p

but I write something short for the Greco for now

60 we have 3 World medalists (I mean this year WCh medalists) in the top half with world Champion Sharshenbekov as the clear favorite if he is in shape. I believe the Chinese guy is the biggest threat to him. in bottom half we have 4-5 good wrestlers including our former World Champion Dalkhani who is coming back from a long long injury, if he is fit he will go to the final but that's a big if, this is his first ever competition at 60kg.

67, almost all favorite are in the top half, we are sending a junior wrestler who wrestled in Belgrade at 72kg. that's a last minute change because they guy we wanted to send originally is facing some doping issues and Olympic Champion Geraei was dead tired after winning the bronze in Belgrade. if he beats PRK (which is always dangerous) he will face grandpa Ryu Han-su (twice World Champ) next. this weight is wide open with no clear favorite but I go with Shermakhanbet (KAZ) to win the whole thing. can't see a clear favorite in the bottom half. KGZ/UZB/IND and JPN all of them are capable of going to the final

77, Kim HW (Olympic champ 2012) is back for his last hurrah (I assume) and unfortunately he is facing our #2 in the first round. the winner of htis match most probably will get Liu (CHN)in the SF. I think World Champion Makhmudov is the clear favorite but he didn't look great in Belgrade and I know he is cutting a lot. he won't be unbeatable 

87 we have a balanced draw, in top half we have our Alizadeh, KGZ, IND and CHN, Alizadeh won the Asian title few times but he was disappointing in Belgrade, I'm not sure if he can survive this draw. he will get tired easily if he faces IND/CHN wrestlers they are both tough.  I thnk Berdimuratov (UZB) from the bottom half is the main favorite here

97, Hadi Saravi former World Champ couldn't ask for a harder draw ! he has to beat Assakalov and Dzhupbekov (his main rivals) to make it to the SF and then it will be KAZ. I believe the gold medalist will come from the top half but the bottom half is wide open, CHN is a bit favorite with KOR and IND and maybe JPN after him

130, World Champion Mirzazadeh has a clean path to the SF, I don't think the Kazakh guy there causes problems too. only the Chinese guy Meng can challenge him. top half is a bit harder with Kim (KOR, former world bronze medalist) and the other Kim from KGZ and Naveen.

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

:INA needs to invest in a good sports psychologist for Leonardo and Katibin :evil:

That's the last thing I'd expect Indonesian federation to do... Prayers are the best

Edited by Griff88

10 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I assumed he had retired. He’s pretty much been absent from the top flight of the sport since the pandemic (as you pointed out). I was absolutely stunned to see him win the gold medal. You could see how much it meant to him.

no he never retired, just had hard time since 2018 with injuries and other issues. he participated in some World Cups here and there scoring some falls and false starts. also missed lots of them because of visa issues (which is a sure thing when certain countries host) and lack of funding. 

apparently he clocked under 5 seconds in training so maybe he has a chance to qualify for Paris. it's still very tough with only few quotas available.

Asian Games: China censors 'Tiananmen' image of athletes hugging

A photo of two Chinese female athletes that made an inadvertent reference to the Tiananmen Square massacre has been censored on Chinese social media.

The race numbers for Lin Yuwei and Wu Yanni form '64' - a common allusion to the incident which happened on June 4.

The athletes had embraced each other after a 100m hurdles race at the Asian Games in which Ms Lin won gold. She was wearing her lane number 6 next to Ms Wu's lane number 4 in the photo.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-67002583

Edited by PHI2019