website statistics

Track Cycling at the Cycling UCI World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

The bullet train is back on top! These guys are amazing athletes and great personalities, so happy for them! And what a super close race, I believe Hoogland and Glaetzer rode their lap in the exact same time after Lavreysen took us to a 0.035s lead.

9 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

In men's team sprint Germany is closer to the top teams (time-wise), but placed worse than last year. In the end i don't really see the men winning any medal next year.

They managed to place higher last year cause the false start against France in round 1 cost us the match. They were never expected to get through the finals. 

1 minute ago, Jinzha said:

The bullet train is back on top! These guys are amazing athletes and great personalities, so happy for them! And what a super close race, I believe Hoogland and Glaetzer rode their lap in the exact same time after Lavreysen took us to a 0.035s lead.

Nope 12.58 for Hoogland, 12.66 for Glaetzer.

Just now, SalamAkhi said:

Nope 12.58 for Hoogland, 12.66 for Glaetzer.

Thanks for the correction, even better that he is faster! Hoogland always shows up in big tournaments. I was watching on my phone in a train so couldn't follow very well.

What a nail biter of a final. Just like yesterday with GB in the women's final (against Germany), I expect the Australians to have more potential to progress to gold. But at least this world title in Glasgow is in the bag for the Dutch bullet train.

Fun fact: Netherlands with the same time as last year (41.64). 

Edited by CCB

1 hour ago, SalamAkhi said:

They managed to place higher last year cause the false start against France in round 1 cost us the match. They were never expected to get through the finals. 

Not sure why you keep acting as if France is anything special in team sprint. The Netherlands and Australia are in their own class and then there is a bunch of nations (mainly France, GB, Germany) competing for bronze. GB is the favorite for bronze at the moment. Germany was 0.1 seconds behind the 3rd fastest team tonight.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Dörnbach 7th in qualification, ahead of Richardson and Yakovlev, absolutely didn't think that i would ever be able to write this. Last year he was only 23th in qualification, huge improvement. Last time a german guy placed higher in qualification was in 2017 (when Niederlag placed 2nd). Maybe Dörnbach has a chance at sneaking into the quarterfinal. Lavreysen obviously in a league of his own. The gap between Lavreysen and the 2nd fastest guy (Rudyk) was bigger than the gap between the 2nd fastest guy and the 7th fastest guy.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.