website statistics

Shooting ISSF World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

10 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

It looks like the qualification has been changed for shooting. Originally, athletes must have reached the finals in order to gain the quota, but now it looks like athletes can qualify based on the qualification round in the event that fewer than four eligible athletes reach the finals which is what it was at previous Olympics.

Wasn't it like before as well? If there are 8 ppl in the final but 5 have already warned the quota, the other 3 will take it plus the next highest ranked in the qualification round. Or was it different in the past? Was it in the way the three spots would be given And the fourth one would be reallocated to a different event or maybe later for someone who would recieve an invitation based on world ranking? 

2 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

Wasn't it like before as well? If there are 8 ppl in the final but 5 have already warned the quota, the other 3 will take it plus the next highest ranked in the qualification round. Or was it different in the past? Was it in the way the three spots would be given And the fourth one would be reallocated to a different event or maybe later for someone who would recieve an invitation based on world ranking? 

In the past you are correct, but for 2024 they introduced a rule where all qualifiers needed to have participated in the final, likely to increase the importance of world rankings. That has since been (thankfully) reversed

34 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

In the past you are correct, but for 2024 they introduced a rule where all qualifiers needed to have participated in the final, likely to increase the importance of world rankings. That has since been (thankfully) reversed

Yeah, well, some people may disagree. Sometimes, especially in shooting may happen quite often when somebody ranks high in world cup or grand prix events, is ranked high in the world ranking but unfortunately does not reach quota during the qualifying events. But I agree with you that this rule is more interesting. But somehow makes me wonder. What if the quota would really be allocated to someone who is out of final but there were several shooters with the same qualification result. Would there be an "Olympic quota shoot-off"?

Why isn't there a shoot-off for the final qualification places in Men's Air Pistol?: Result 10m Air Pistol Men (issf-sports.org)

I followed the qualification in live scoring, and there definitely hasn't been one. Vasermanis :LAT was listed as not qualified at once, even though he has a score of 582, just like several athletes above him.

Not that I mind, because with Vasermanis out of the final, it means Robin Walter finally won the long deserved quota place. But I still don't understand it.

Edited by EselTheDonkey

Finalists for 10m Air Pistol: 

:CHN Bowen Zhang

:GER Robin Walter

:SUI Jason Solari

:SRB Damir Mikec 

:BUL Kiril Kirov

:CHN Junhui Liu

:TUR Ismail Keles

:BUL Samuil Donkov

There are 4 quota places on offer. :SRB and :TUR are ineligible for quota and :CHN already has one quota. So, :BUL already has one quota. 

1 minute ago, Dolby said:

Finalists for 10m Air Pistol: 

:CHN Bowen Zhang

:GER Robin Walter

:SUI Jason Solari

:SRB Damir Mikec 

:BUL Kiril Kirov

:CHN Junhui Liu

:TUR Ismail Keles

:BUL Samuil Donkov

There are 4 quota places on offer. :SRB and :TUR are ineligible for quota and :CHN already has one quota. So, :BUL already has one quota. 

Each country can win only one quota per event: So the quota places go to :BUL , :CHN , :GER and :SUI .

1 minute ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Why isn't there a shoot-off for the final qualification places in Men's Air Pistol?: Result 10m Air Pistol Men (issf-sports.org)

I followed the qualification in live scoring, and there definitely hasn't been one. Vasermanis :LAT was at once listed as not qualified, even though he has a score of 582, just like several athletes above him.

Not that I mind, because with Vasermanis out of the final, it means Robin Walter finally won the long deserved quota place. But I still don't understand it.

There are no shoot-offs. Vasemanis :LAT misses out on inner tens. And, I don't think Robin has won the quota. :GER:SUI:BUL:BUL:CHN(two different athletes) fighting for 4 quotas.