Men's 63.5kg - :ITA v :IRL | :FRA v :TUR | :BUL v :GEO | :SRB v :HUN 

Men's 80kg - :NED v :ITA | :IRL v :UKR | :EST v :CRO | :AZE v :ARM 

Women's 54kg - :GBR v :SWE | :BUL v :IRL | :POL v :ROU | :TUR v :ITA 

Women's 60kg - :IRL v :SWE | :FRA v :KOS | :UKR v :TUR | :CRO v :SRB 

Women's 66kg - :HUN v :NED | :FRA v :BEL | :IRL v :GBR | :POL v :TUR 

QFs in weights classes where the SFs will be the quota matches

Men's 51kg - :GBR v :SRB | :POL v :FRA | :ESP v :TUR | :ITA v :HUN 

Men's 92kg - :CRO v :IRL | :ESP v :GER | :POL v :ISR | :ITA v :TUR 

Quota chances per country (quota match + just regular QF)

5+1 :IRL 

4+2 :TUR 

3+2 :ITA 

3+1 :FRA  

2+2 :POL 

2+1 :GBR  :SRB  :HUN  :CRO 

2+0 :SWE  :UKR  :NED 

1+0 :BUL  :GEO  :EST  :AZE  :ARM  :BUL  :ROU  :KOS  :BEL 

0+2 :ESP 

0+1 :GER  :ISR 

A little recap of the BG performance so far, even if not many people are considering us for the quotas :d I still think we should be getting a few quotas on our hands.

M 51 kg - Asenov lost in the 1/8 to :POL Slominski, which was a bit of a surprise, but it was expected he won't get a quota, when the bracket came out. There was no way he beats :FRA Bennama and :GBR MacDonald back to back, so it was an expected miss. Still Asenov was our only man in Tokyo and hopefully he gets it at the WQT.

M 57 kg - 1/8 Javier Ibanez vs. :UKR Bondarchuk is today. He had a great win in his first match against :IRL Gallagher, but Ukrainian fighters are notoriously difficult, so i think this is going to be the tougher match, then the potential 1/4 against :ARM Bazeyan. If he wins today, have faith, that Ibanez gets the quota.

M 63.5 kg - 1/4 Rosenov vs. :GEO Guruli . Direct match and while Rosenov has shown growth in the last year or so, he is not the favourite here. Gurili has bronzes from the last 2 Worlds and a Euro silver and think, they would give him the win. Rosenov should be good for a quota from the WQT.

M 71 kg - 1/8 Kiwan vs. :SRB Abbasov. Abbasov wasn't at the Worlds for Serbia, so not sure, what his form is right now. Plus he gained weight from last year, from what i see, so would give advantage to Kiwan. Then it's between the winner of :EST and :ARM for the quota, which looks like another equal match up. I think Kiwan has a good chance, if the judges let him. 

M 80 kg - Q loss for Nikolov against :CRO Veocic. Nothing surprising here, as Nikolov loses in the first round every single tournament. Veocic should get the quota.

M 92 kg - We had no one here, which was strange, as Pantaleev is a former World medalist. Probably he is injured or something.

M 92+ kg - 1/8 Hernandez vs. :ITA Lenzi . Hernandez is a sand bag, so no chance he wins this. 

Overall i expect at least 1 quota (most likely Ibanez) and 2 would be job well done. 

On the women's side:

W 50 kg - Q loss for Chukanova against :POL Rok - Watched the match and feel they gave a host nation win for Rok. Doesn't matter, as :TUR Cakiroglu is odds on favourite for the quota from this category either way. I hope they give a chance to Sevda Asenova in the WQT, who is in the -48 kg category, but is a much better fighter then Chukanova.

W 54 kg - 1/4 Petrova vs. :IRL Lehane. Direct match. Petrova is by far our strongest woman and already beat an Ukrainian. Lehane seems like a new name to the Irish team, but they always turn out to be great fighters. Still giving the edge for Petrova and the quota.

W 57 kg - 1/8 Kamenova vs. :ROU Nechita. First match for Kamenova and i don't know in what form she is coming here. Nechita isn't someone with big successes and i'm fairly confident Kamenova wins this one. Then it is between :FIN and :POL , which on paper is a pefect draw. All the big favorites :ITA Testa, :IRL Walsh and :FRA Zidani are distributed in the other sections, so this is the best path to an Olympic quota you could get. But the same goes for the hosts as well. 

W 60 kg - 1/8 loss for Mehmedova against :CRO Beram. Expected loss, Mehmedova has never shown potential of reaching the end phase of a tournament. Maybe if she gets a favorable draw at the WQT, she can squeak a quota, but not counting on it.

W 66 and 75 kg - no participations here. Looks like we can't find boxers to fill these heavier categories, which is unfortune, as we have only 4 to 6 boxers fighting for a quota.

Overall, frankly i would be disappointed, if both Petrova and Kamenova don't get quotas here. 

49 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

A little recap of the BG performance so far, even if not many people are considering us for the quotas :d I still think we should be getting a few quotas on our hands.

M 51 kg - Asenov lost in the 1/8 to :POL Slominski, which was a bit of a surprise, but it was expected he won't get a quota, when the bracket came out. There was no way he beats :FRA Bennama and :GBR MacDonald back to back, so it was an expected miss. Still Asenov was our only man in Tokyo and hopefully he gets it at the WQT.

M 57 kg - 1/8 Javier Ibanez vs. :UKR Bondarchuk is today. He had a great win in his first match against :IRL Gallagher, but Ukrainian fighters are notoriously difficult, so i think this is going to be the tougher match, then the potential 1/4 against :ARM Bazeyan. If he wins today, have faith, that Ibanez gets the quota.

M 63.5 kg - 1/4 Rosenov vs. :GEO Guruli . Direct match and while Rosenov has shown growth in the last year or so, he is not the favourite here. Gurili has bronzes from the last 2 Worlds and a Euro silver and think, they would give him the win. Rosenov should be good for a quota from the WQT.

M 71 kg - 1/8 Kiwan vs. :SRB Abbasov. Abbasov wasn't at the Worlds for Serbia, so not sure, what his form is right now. Plus he gained weight from last year, from what i see, so would give advantage to Kiwan. Then it's between the winner of :EST and :ARM for the quota, which looks like another equal match up. I think Kiwan has a good chance, if the judges let him. 

M 80 kg - Q loss for Nikolov against :CRO Veocic. Nothing surprising here, as Nikolov loses in the first round every single tournament. Veocic should get the quota.

M 92 kg - We had no one here, which was strange, as Pantaleev is a former World medalist. Probably he is injured or something.

M 92+ kg - 1/8 Hernandez vs. :ITA Lenzi . Hernandez is a sand bag, so no chance he wins this. 

Overall i expect at least 1 quota (most likely Ibanez) and 2 would be job well done. 

On the women's side:

W 50 kg - Q loss for Chukanova against :POL Rok - Watched the match and feel they gave a host nation win for Rok. Doesn't matter, as :TUR Cakiroglu is odds on favourite for the quota from this category either way. I hope they give a chance to Sevda Asenova in the WQT, who is in the -48 kg category, but is a much better fighter then Chukanova.

W 54 kg - 1/4 Petrova vs. :IRL Lehane. Direct match. Petrova is by far our strongest woman and already beat an Ukrainian. Lehane seems like a new name to the Irish team, but they always turn out to be great fighters. Still giving the edge for Petrova and the quota.

W 57 kg - 1/8 Kamenova vs. :ROU Nechita. First match for Kamenova and i don't know in what form she is coming here. Nechita isn't someone with big successes and i'm fairly confident Kamenova wins this one. Then it is between :FIN and :POL , which on paper is a pefect draw. All the big favorites :ITA Testa, :IRL Walsh and :FRA Zidani are distributed in the other sections, so this is the best path to an Olympic quota you could get. But the same goes for the hosts as well. 

W 60 kg - 1/8 loss for Mehmedova against :CRO Beram. Expected loss, Mehmedova has never shown potential of reaching the end phase of a tournament. Maybe if she gets a favorable draw at the WQT, she can squeak a quota, but not counting on it.

W 66 and 75 kg - no participations here. Looks like we can't find boxers to fill these heavier categories, which is unfortune, as we have only 4 to 6 boxers fighting for a quota.

Overall, frankly i would be disappointed, if both Petrova and Kamenova don't get quotas here. 

Lenzi is young (in terms of boxing) and totally inexperienced.

I'd be very surprised if he wins vs Hernandez.

and this is a real preview, not the preventive whining I like to play quite often ;)

As :GBR loses another boxer in the round of 16, I get the feeling that our squad is dramatically underperforming their own expectations but given that the number of places available at the European qualifiers has halved compared to 2020, I wanted to see how they are doing compared to the Tokyo squad. 

Men's 51 Kg quotas in 2020: :FRA :GEO

Men's 57Kg quotas: :GBR :HUN :FRA :AZE

Men's 63.5Kg quotas: :GBR :RUS :POL :NED

Men's 71Kg quotas: :GBR :IRL :AZE :RUS

Men's 80Kg quotas: :GBR :ESP :CRO :AZE

Men's 92Kg quotas: :RUS :GBR

Men's +92Kg quotas: :RUS :AZE

So on the men's side we would have secured 5 quotas. As it currently stands, at best we could take 3 but more likely that we will end up with only 1 or 2.

Women's 50Kg quotas in 2020: :TUR :GBR :BUL :ITA

Women's 54Kg quotas: N/A as additional weight division

Women's 57Kg quotas: :ITA :BUL :IRL :ROU

Women's 60Kg quotas: :GBR :TUR :SWE :IRL

Women's 66Kg quotas: :TUR :ITA :UKR :GER

Women's 75Kg quotas: :GBR :RUS

For the women's events, the picture is equally bleak for GBR. They would have won 3 quotas in 2020 but again, we're likely to win 1 or 2 at best. 

Long story short, if :GBR want to continue their long history of being one of the largest boxing squads at the Olympics, they are going to have to come up with some stellar performances at the world qualifiers next year.

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

@Rafa MacielSince Sandra Drabik is in the 54kg division, our media say that all EG semi-finalists will qualify for the Paris OG :mumble:

the 4 semi-finalists will be qualified
Edited by Benolympique

2 minutes ago, Benolympique said:
the 4 semi-finalists will be qualified

Yeah - but this is showing who would have qualified for Tokyo at the 2020 European qualifier under the 2024 criteria.

As the 54Kg class is a new division for 2024, there's no comparison that can be made to 2020. 

I missed this fight live but Gemini :ITA in her fight against Triebelova :SVK got the very rare be down 20-18 for 3 judges after two rounds and still come back to win the fight with two of those judges giving her the final round 10-8 and then picking her as the winner.

Nice, we got three quota chances. We have to win one quota, which would be a big relief as I honestly thought that we might completely miss the boxing tournaments in Paris. Hungarian boxing sucks lately, so having 4 quarter-finalists feel like an overperformance from us. 

59 minutes ago, Ogreman said:

I missed this fight live but Gemini :ITA in her fight against Triebelova :SVK got the very rare be down 20-18 for 3 judges after two rounds and still come back to win the fight with two of those judges giving her the final round 10-8 and then picking her as the winner.

haven't watched that bout, but here it looks that :ITA Gemini has been gifted the victory. :mumble: :crazy:

on the other hand, I watched :ITA Irma Testa's bout vs :GBR Glynn and someone must really take a minute and explain to me how the hell 2 judges scored the match in favor of the British girl? :yikes: :facepalm: :wall: :hairpull: :redcard: :stop:

luckily, the other 3 men with the papillon weren't watching the last episode of a new sci-fi series and made Boxing justice :pope: