website statistics

Name the 5 biggest gold medal hopes for your country in Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Anything besides team sports would be a surprise to me.

1. Women's hockey

2. Men's rugby

3. Men's hockey

4. Men's volleyball

5. Men's football (if qualified)

Edited by NMQ

8 hours ago, LuizGuilherme said:

:BRA

Rayssa Leal - Skateboarding

Alison dos Santos - 400m/h

Anyone of the male surfers

Isaquias Queiroz - Sprint Canoeing

Mens football team

Kahena Kunzee and Martine Grael - Sailing

Duda and Ana Patrícia - Beach Volley

Rebecca Andrade - Gymnastics

I think all of them gonna win medals in Paris, there are many others among The favourites but these ones are a level above The rest in my opinion.

Oops, just now i've read GOLD medalists, Alison dos Santos is favourite for the Silver haha

So basically the same people of Tokyo :coffee: (aside from Duda/Ana Patrícia)

Also, with Bile's return, it might be difficult for Andrade to win another gold.

Well for us I’d say:ISR (hope to not jinx anyone :whistle:) the top 5 chances of getting a medal:

Judo- most likely one of Lanir or Hershko

or mixed team ( even 2/3 could make sense)

Sailing- women’s windsurfing 

Artistic gymnastics-men’s floor  

Rythmic gymnastics 

1. Dressage, Team (inspite of wimming "only" Bronze at the World Championships. Von Bredow Werndl is back, and IMO they are clear favourites. It's the only one I feel almost positive about one year before the championships)

2. Jessica von Bredow Werndl, Dressage individual

3. Florian Wellbrock, Open Water Swimming

4. Malaika Mihambo, Long Jump (Her injury should be minor enough for her to be back in shape next year. It will still be difficult, but I do think she has a good chance)

5. Leonie Beck, Open Water Swimming (Maybe. I am torn with Michael Jung in eventing and Ricarda Funk in canoe slalom, but in both of these sports, one small mistake can basically throw you out of the competition, so that's risky)

Edited by EselTheDonkey

10 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Obviously it is impossible to make predictions one year out, but i will still give my predictions and it might be funny to look back at them in a year:

Men's 10 km open water (Wellbrock)

Women's 10 km open water (Beck)

Track cycling women's team sprint

Women's K1 (Funk)

Not sure about the 5th, probably one out of men's single sculls (Zeidler), women's track cycling sprint (Friedrich), eventing individual (Jung), dressage individual (Von Bredow-Werndl), men's 1500 m free (Wellbrock), men's K4 500 m, women's keirin (Friedrich), women's C1 (Herzog/Lilik), eventing team, dressage team, men's 400 m free (Märtens), men's field hockey, men's javelin throw (Weber), men's decathlon (Neugebauer), women's 25 m pistol (Vennekamp) or men's 25 m rapid fire pistol (Peter/Reitz).

I forgot about Women's team sprint in track cycling. This is in my top 5 as well instead of Beck.

10 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

I am not an expert of dutch sport, but how do you not mention track cycling men's (team) sprint?

Because Australia (reigning World Champion) has a better team now with Richardson and Glaetzer. I don't see the Dutch men win, our starter Roy van den Berg has had injuries all year and our third man Jeffrey Hoogland never reached his level of 2020-2021 after he took a break after the Olympics. Hopefully Harrie Lavreysen will be in good shape again, so he can battle it out with Jakovlev and Richardson in the individual sprint.

11 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

:CAN

1. Summer McIntosh - Women's 400m Individual Medley

2. Summer McIntosh - Women's 400m Freestyle

3. Summer McIntosh - Women's 200m Individual Medley

4. Summer McIntosh - Women's 200m Butterfly

5. Summer McIntosh - Women's 200m Freestyle

:p

I would put the 200m Butterfly to 2, the 200m IM to 3 and the 400m free 4th, but otherwise... ya.

We are looking fairly Summer dependant in 2024.

5 minutes ago, NearPup said:

I would put the 200m Butterfly to 2, the 200m IM to 3 and the 400m free 4th, but otherwise... ya.

We are looking fairly Summer dependant in 2024.

I put the 400m free in 2nd because she's the current world record holder. For the 200m Butterfly, I have no idea what form Regan Smith will be in so I put it 4th for now. We'll get a better idea in a few days at Worlds.

NZL

We have drastically less chances with mass retirements than before and I don't really hold much hope with matching the dizzying heights of 2021.

So here goes...

Lisa Carrington K1 500m - is the big favourite. Now this is an interesting one because if fellow NZer Aimee Fisher decides to get over her issues with Canoe Racing NZ which it sounds like they're coming into an agreement NZ could go 1-2 in this event and Aimee has beaten Lisa at Nationals, and is the only one that has come close on multiple occasions since this olympic cycle.

Lisa Carrington Alicia Hoskin/Aimee Fisher K2 500m - Lisa and Alicia have improved dramatically since last year but are very much beatable. Rumours are that both Lisa and Aimee could very well pair up and have tried this week before heading off to Europe and their timings already are mind-boggling... But we want to see it to believe it.

NZ Womens 7s team - They're that good that they could field an A or B team and still win 99% of the time but there's always that off chance that an upset is around the corner. But anything less than a gold is a tragedy.

NZ Mens 7s team - There's considerably more depth on the men's side internationally but with a young team who have already won the World 7s series they have the potential to take out Fiji.

Number 5 could be one of so many from multiple rowing teams and individuals, track cycling teams, Hayden Wilde - triathlon, multiple sailing individuals and crews that none of them are clear favorites in their event. But can also not win a medal. It's probably going to be the first olympics where we have no outright rowing or sailing crews as gold medal favs in 20 years. So who really knows.

Edited by Joshi