website statistics

Name the 5 biggest gold medal hopes for your country in Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

3 hours ago, hckošice said:

Man, this is probably the only event I would without worries say that Slovakia can medal in Paris

I know, but I really want Frank to enjoy this last ride...he truly deserves the Olympic Gold for all he's done for our Country and the most likely most underestimated and less followed discipline of this fuckin' place.

hope Salkazanov would be happy with a silver or bronze this time...:p

Edited by phelps

Just now, phelps said:

I know, but I really want Frank to enjoy this last ride...he truly deserves the Olympic Gold for all he's done for our Country and the most likely most underestimated and less followed discipline of this fuckin' place.

hope Salkazanov would be happy with a silver or bronze for this time...:p

I do believe he will be already happy with just finally qualifying to the freakin´ Olympics first :d but yeah, once there (hopefully) he will have also the luck and abilities to fullfil his  dream for which he came to Slovakia

2 hours ago, CCB said:

Netherlands :NED has a lot of medal contenders, but unfortunately not many clear favourites for gold. 

Well, my top 5:

1. Rowing: women single sculls (Karolien Florijn)

2. Hockey: women's team

3. Hockey: men's team

4. BMX: women's race (Merel Smulders)

5. Swimming: women's 200 breaststroke (Tes Schouten) 

I predict a lot of silver and bronze, especially for our superstars in athletics (Femke Bol, who is without a chance against Sydney McLaughlin), in cycling track (Harrie Lavreysen will be without a chance against Mikhail Jakovlev) and in swimming (Arno Kamminga is without a chance against Adam Peaty). 

Speaking of purely gold medals Karolien Florijn and the two hockey teams are the only ones I could think of as well.

If we're talking just medals I'd say Harry Lavreysen (sprint and keirin) and Femke Bol (400mH) to complete the top 5. We'll surely win many other medals in rowing, (track/road/bmx) cycling, sailing and possible athletics, swimming and judo. But it's very hard to predict who will be the ones winning. Who knows Fem van Empel or Shirin van Anrooij might be serious contenders for road cycling gold by 2024, I hope so!

8 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

???

:URU :USA :UKR :TUR :ESP :SLO :SVK :SRB :ROU :POR :PHI :NOR :NZL :NED :MAR :MDA :MEX :LTU :ITA :ISR :IRI :IND :INA :HUN :GRE :GER :FRA :FIN :EST :EGY :ECU :CZE :CRO :CHN :CHI :BUL :BRA :AUT :AUS :ARG :ALG:MNE:TUN 

???

Sorry, if I forgot anyone.

:AUT Women's mountain biking - Mona Mitterwallner and Laura Stigger

:CHI Men's beach volleyball - Grimalt/Grimalt and Aravena/Droguett

Some contenders I can think of from countries we don't hear from often, though gold medals will be a big ask for all of these.

24 minutes ago, Laraja said:

:BRA

Rayssa Leal - Women's Street Skateboarding

Rebeca Andrade - Artistic Gymnastic (pratically all events)

Alison dos Santos - Men's 400m Hurdles

Rafaela Silva - Judô

Isaquias Queiroz - Canoe Sprint

Duda/Ana Patricia in Beach volleyball are big gold contenders for you guys as well.

3 hours ago, phelps said:

hope Salkazanov would be happy with a silver or bronze this time...:p

I highly doubt Chamizo has a realistic chance to win the gold even if Russian wrestlers don't participate. (either for Russia, ROC or even as a paid mercenary for another country) Kyle Dake is not going to lose to him or Salkazanov.

I think Chamizo had his best chance to win the gold in 2016, but yes you never can write him off completely. in 2022 Worlds he could lose to Demirtas and Tsabalov but found a moment of magic to win both matches. that's always possible with him but with Dake you need to do that more than once.