Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
hckosice

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2017 - 2018

hckosice    1,889

Another absolute top level standard performance by Nastya today. Great job

SalamAkhi    15
il y a 20 minutes, heywoodu a déclaré:

Better yet, let everyone choose their starting order (and to avoid women doing a longer lap, just go with 4x6km) :p 

Would be interesting just like the mixed 4x400 :p

Werloc    889

I don't know if I said it enough, but this looks like the race of the season! :woot: Everyone is bringing up their A game, even the athletes that are not top tier.

Edited by Werloc

dcro    2,876

China is 20th with 0+1 :p

Werloc    889

Three of my favourite biathlon countries on the top, can't ask for a better day than this :d

• Like 1

Werloc    889

Lithuania did not get lapped in both of the relays, I'm pretty happy that our women today showed some fight. Paulauskaitė on the fourth leg surprised me a bit.

Edit: It's also nice when both of them did not need to do any penalty loops, our shooting is becoming slightly better.

Edited by Werloc

Werloc    889

Anyways, my few takeaways from this race would be:

Tiril Eckhoff having the race of her season, the camera was even focused on her smiling when she took over Kuzmina in the final lap.

Franziska Preuss with her reliable shooting might have just secured a spot for herself in the women's relay ahead of Hinz/Hammerschmidt

Sweden is seriously a danger, because getting on the podium twice in a row erases any speculations of a fluke.

Poland really pulled it together for the first time this season as a team and could be deemed dangerous if they find some extra ski speed.

Uliana Kaisheva might get in favour of the team and her good relay result really helps.

Both Irene Cadurisch and Aita Gasparin exploded for Switzerland in very similar situations, so they'll have a lot of things to think about.

Chloe Chevalier made a name for herself with a very good relay performance.

Absolute disaster for the favourites Ukraine.

Pisareva completely destroys any chance that Belarus have in the relay for the second time in a row.

With Gabrielė Leščinskaitė picking up her ski speed and a pretty solid performance for Paulauskaitė in the relay, I'm honestly very interested what the Lithuanian team is going to do at Antholz and which of the girls will have the final chance to challenge Rasimovičiūtė and Kočergina for the quota in the Olympics.

heywoodu    3,424
6 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Uliana Kaisheva might get in favour of the team and her good relay result really helps.

She'll have to win 15 consecutive World Cup races to really be favored it seems, coming from the wrong region...

Werloc    889
2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

She'll have to win 15 consecutive World Cup races to really be favored it seems, coming from the wrong region...

Yes, it's absolutely ridiculous that she had to post 5 wins in the IBU cup to get a single chance at the end of the Olympic qualification...

Herki    29

Out ladies finally made it to the finish line :cheer: It has been 1037 days (March 2015) since our women's relay team last crossed the finish line.

Werloc    889

Seriously :d Eurosport commentator stealing my joke of Bjoerndalen switching to Belgium :lol:

• Haha 1