website statistics

Karate Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

George_D

On 02/05/2021 at 18:26, MHSN said:

Points for the remaining quotas after the end of K1 League in Portugal . only European Championship is left now

Men's 84kg:

:IRI Zabihollah Poursheib - 10215

:TUR Ugur Aktas - 9952.5 Q

:CRO Ivan Kvesic - 6547.5

Men's +84kg:

:IRI Sajjad Ganjzadeh - 9187.5

:GER Jonathan Horne - 7642.5

:GEO Gogita Arkania - 7620

Arkania and Horne will fight for the 2nd place at the +84kg, whoever finishes higher will qualify for sure.

Ugur Aktas will decide everything here, Kvesic, Poursheib and Ganjzadeh can't do anything except watching Aktas !

======================

Women's 55kg:

:TPE Wen Tzu-Yun - 7110

:GER Jana Messerschmidt - 6247.5

Messerschmidt can qualify only by winning the gold in Europe.

======================

Women's 68kg

:CHN Gong Li - 7402.5

:SUI Elena Quirici - 6525

Quirici has to win the gold to qualify

======================

Women's +68kg

:TUR Meltem Hocaoglu - 6097.5

:GRE Eleni Chatziliadou - 5355

with 742.5 pts gap between them. and knowing the Turks can add 30pts just by participating, Chatziliadou has to win the gold and hoping for Hocaoglu to get eliminated very very early.

Hi. The updated ranking on the wkf site has a bit different numbers.

For example Ugur Aktas is already ahead of Poursheib. Do you have an idea where these differences come from?

39 minutes ago, Mecki83 said:

Hi. The updated ranking on the wkf site has a bit different numbers.

For example Ugur Aktas is already ahead of Poursheib. Do you have an idea where these differences come from?

because they still have the score of the European Champs 2019, which will be deleted once they add the upcoming edition in a couple of weeks...

meanwhile @MHSN has already calculated the true score without that event from 2019...

13 minutes ago, phelps said:

because they still have the score of the European Champs 2019, which will be deleted once they add the upcoming edition in a couple of weeks...

meanwhile @MHSN has already calculated the true score without that event from 2019...

ah great. thank you for the explanation. already thought that "our" numbers give a better picture of the actual ranking. ;)

looking at the updated +61kg ranking, I wonder why they are showing Feryal Abdelaziz in green and not Gong Li !? :mumble: I assume that's just a mistake

they are also showing Poursheib in Green and not Ganjzadeh, which is a mistake.

If we consider the current ranking, I mean without removing the 2019 Euro results. here is the simulation of those for the continental quotas.

Men:

Oceania: :AUS Yahiro (75kg)

Africa: :EGY Abdelaziz (75kg)

Pan-Am: :USA Irr (+75kg) (Scott at 75kg is before him)

Asia: :KAZ Yuldashev (+75kg) (Ainazarov at 75kg is before him)

Europe: :LAT Kalnins (67kg) (if Kvesic doesn't qualify he will be ahead of Kalnins but at +75kg which is not available)

Women:

Oceania: :NZL Anacan (Kata)

Africa: :EGY Abdelaziz (+61kg) (they show her in green but that's a mistake, next after her is Sadini at 61kg)

Pan-Am: :PER Grande (61kg)

Asia: :IRI Alipour (61kg) (Gong Li in case she doesn't qualify directly)

Europe: :AUT Plank (55kg) (Plank will lose the spot if she doesn't defend her silver medal from 2019 Euro)

Extra:

the last athlete for Africa shouldn't be from Egypt, the best ranked athlete among all 8 events

Africa: :MAR El Hakimi (Men's Kata) (Sadini at women's 61kg is ahead of him)

if the African athlete is a male, the last Pan-Am quota will go to the best female Pan-Am gold medalist

Pan-Am: :BRA Kumizaki (55kg)

----------

I have to repeat only first 2 male and first 2 female athletes in the list are guaranteed a place in Tokyo no matter what they do in Paris, means :AUS Yahiro, :NZL Anacan and both :EGY Abdelaziz. they are first in the ladder and will qualify 100%. for the rest it depends on these guys results. if they qualify directly that will change the rest of the ladder like a domino.

and the European Championship can change this list but I assume it won't make a huge change for non-European quotas.

@MHSN just watched and they have fixed the mistake in women's +61...

Now Gong Li is 3rd and in green, as it should be...;)

so, as of today, we have Zaretska, Abbasali, Li and Hocaoglu qualified, with Quirici who could overtake Li if she wins the European Gold (if I'm not wrong)...

unfortunately, by missin the Lisbon event, Semeraro can't be better than 7th, even if she wins the Gold Medal in Porec (and most likely, she's going to end up 8th in any case), so it's going to be almost impossible to earn the European repechage spot (we would need Gong Li to qualify via ranking, so to make Alipour get her repechage place and leave one more spot open at +68 -and of course Plank should lose a few positions by not having a good tournament in Porec)...

by the way, I still hope that this happens, so take a lot of pressure off Semeraro before the final OQT in Paris...

why is this qualification system such a mess? :wall: :facepalm: :hairpull:

2 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

What result does Aktas need at the European Championships to finish first in the men's 84kg ranking?

Top 5 should be enough...

but it's better to wait for @MHSN to confirm that (he's the good one in maths, I've always been a disaster in that discipline :( :facepalm:

1 minute ago, phelps said:

Top 5 should be enough...

but it's better to wait for @MHSN to confirm that (he's the good one in maths, I've always been a disaster in that discipline :( :facepalm:

We need a doctorate degree in math to understand this system haha

14 minutes ago, phelps said:

@MHSN just watched and they have fixed the mistake in women's +61...

and still didn't fix it for men's +75kg :d but I assume they will fix it soon.

and about Aktas, I have to say there is no fixed score for 5th place finishers. it depends on the number of matches you won. for example if you lose the semifinal (and then the bronze medal match) you will receive more points if you lose the 1st round and then advance to the repechage later. (and still finish 5th)

by my calculations Aktas will finish 1st in the ranking if he finishes 5th in Croatia. but maybe even a 7th place finish will do that too. but one thing is for sure, he has to at least advances to the repechage for that.