website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

3 minutes ago, rybak said:

Finally an good news (at least for me :p) in these terrible days.

Awesome! Season 3 finally appeared on Netflix here a few weeks ago, so after waiting forever and because of that having to watch the first two seasons again basically, I can see how it goes on :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

But first I'm finishing Sex Education. It might be cheesy at times, sure, but it is simply quite a good emotional rollercoaster with a little bit of humour mixed in here and there.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

But first I'm finishing Sex Education. It might be cheesy at times, sure, but it is simply quite a good emotional rollercoaster with a little bit of humour mixed in here and there.

I love that show. There’s so much to explore in that show as a comms major. Plus, the writing and topics discussed are fantastic. I love the music selection too. And really, who doesn’t love the psychology of sex.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I’m not a huge fan of animated/cartoon shows, but I’ve been rewatching Avatar the Last Airbender on Netflix and loving it (thanks vpn). I really forgot how awesome that series was. I’m on Book 3 (season 3) now, so I’m hoping to finish it by the end of this week, and the move onto the Legend of Korea. I’m also eagerly awaiting Netflix’s live-action adaptation.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m not a huge fan of animated/cartoon shows, but I’ve been rewatching Avatar the Last Airbender on Netflix and loving it (thanks vpn). I really forgot how awesome that series was. I’m on Book 3 (season 3) now, so I’m hoping to finish it by the end of this week, and the move onto the Legend of Korea. I’m also eagerly awaiting Netflix’s live-action adaptation.

Have you seen Legend of Korra before? It is often a very unpopular opinion, but even though I thought Avatar the Last Airbender was perfect, I got more enjoyment from watching Korra since the show felt so elavated, it built up the motives for the antagonists and explored a lot of psychological aspects.

I saw ATLA as a journey of adventure and Korra was definitely a journey of self, which really inspired me to write a bit more, because I love complex world-building and character analysis. 

Edit: it probably says a lot about me when my favourite Airbender episode was probably the one where Katara met that water bender.

Edited by Werloc

On 20/03/2020 at 15:47, heywoodu said:

Very good series, the second season was TOOOO political correct but, well, is a bad thing of this times.

While Netflix is probably swimming in all of that sweet streaming money, I'm somewhat completely ignoring them since the winter season (after I watched the Witcher of course :)) and devoting myself to Anime that have a lot of episodes, because it was always too difficult to commit myself to them when I had less time. So watching a lot of classics that I've had my eyes on for a couple of years and I'm enjoying the journey that life threw at me even if I get sad every time I look out the window to see empty streets. 

Edited by Werloc