website statistics

Bobsleigh at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

George_D

2 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

So it's likely to happen either in Beijing 2022 :d

I honestly have no idea what the Beijing 2022 track will be like. I actually am in love with the Pyeongchang track, especially as a luge track (curve 9 is one of the best curve in the world IMO), I'd like Beijing's track to be similar but maybe like five to ten seconds longer. And with a longer start for Bobsleigh.

I know it's unlikely but I really hope to see some luge world cups in Pyeongchang.

Edited by NearPup

vor 40 Minuten schrieb thepharoah:

This's the result I almost wanted :d

What result did you want?

I think Lochner was very unlucky, he is an amazing guy and he didnt deserve the "hatred" by one of his team members ...

He was so dominant all season long just to be completely chanceless here. It must have been the material. He said he spent tons of hours with analyzing his runs and tried all possible lines on this track in training and the race itself, but never got close to the speed he needed to compete for a medal. The good thing is that all german pilots are still young enough to compete in 4 years. A bit sad that Kuske will retire, but at least he will do it as most successful bob athlete ever.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 43 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

I hate having a four year period where nobody is the Olympic champion but you've always got 'one of the Olympic champions' :p 

Are we sure that Kripps will continue until 2022?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 43 Minuten schrieb thepharoah:

So Germany now has a big shot of topping Medals table , but can Norway wins gold in final XC event ? 

Of course the medal table isnt the most important thing at the olympics ... but i still think its cool that the question which nation tops the medal table will remain open until the last event of the olympics, probably didnt happen too often in the past.

About your question: I would say its either gold for Kalla or for Norway, something between 50:50 and 60:40 (in favor of Norway) probably.

31 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

What result did you want?

I think Lochner was very unlucky, he is an amazing guy and he didnt deserve the "hatred" by one of his team members ...

He was so dominant all season long just to be completely chanceless here. It must have been the material. He said he spent tons of hours with analyzing his runs and tried all possible lines on this track in training and the race itself, but never got close to the speed he needed to compete for a medal. The good thing is that all german pilots are still young enough to compete in 4 years. A bit sad that Kuske will retire, but at least he will do it as most successful bob athlete ever.

Result I wanted before heat 4 :

1. Germany

2. Korea

3. Switzerland 

Men´s 4-Man

1. :GER Germany (Francesco Friedrich, Candy Bauer. Martin Grothkopp, Thorsten Margis) 3:15.85,

2. ex aequo Germany :GER (Nico Walther, Kevin Kuske, Alexander Roediger, Eric Franke)  and  South Korea :KOR (Won Yun-Jong, Jun Jung-Lin, Seo Young-Woo, Kim Dong-Hyun) 3:16.38

Full Results HERE

Bobsleigh+Winter+Olympics+Day+16+5irEZml