website statistics

[POLL] Do you think the AIN status for Russia and Belarus at Paris Olympics is justified? Road to Paris 2024

[POLL] Do you think the AIN status for Russia and Belarus at Paris Olympics is justified?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the AIN status for Russia and Belarus at Paris Olympics is Justified?

2. 2. Should there have been similar sanctions on Israel?

3. 3. Does the restriction of Russia and Belarus feel unfair ?

• Yes, I feel for the athletes who have been denied a fair opportunity to qualify
    • No
    • I don't care

1. No, because athletes should not be punished for actions of politicians

2. No, because athletes should not be punished for actions of politicans

3. Yes, because athletes should not be punished for actions of poltiicans.  

4. Who gets to decide which war is justified and which isn't? Which is a response for provocative actions and which is justified? Who gets to decide which child matters more, Ukrainian, Russian, Israeli or Palestinian? Although we for damn sure know the answer that Palestinian lives matter less and Israel gets to do what ever the hell it wants because.......

37 minutes ago, nenad said:

1. No, because athletes should not be punished for actions of politicians

2. No, because athletes should not be punished for actions of politicans

3. Yes, because athletes should not be punished for actions of poltiicans.  

4. Who gets to decide which war is justified and which isn't? Which is a response for provocative actions and which is justified? Who gets to decide which child matters more, Ukrainian, Russian, Israeli or Palestinian? Although we for damn sure know the answer that Palestinian lives matter less and Israel gets to do what ever the hell it wants because.......

Would you have the same opinion if it was Croatia attacking Serbia? Well we know that in Serbia Russian matters are seen a bit different. Nothing wrong with it but that's the way it is. Russians kill Ukrainian children not the other way round even if it is not according with Serbian vision 😉. This thread is not about Israel, no one is claiming here what you are trying to suggest about Palestinian children. Russia pays its price for Ukrainian kids. If you value children life why should Russia be free of consequences? Are you for protection of kids lifes? 

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

And 2 be true. Israel - Palestine problem is bilateral on thousands of bases through the ages. Religious etc. Russia just brutaly invaded their cousins in a way. Brutal politics. This is comparable to PAL-ISR conflict, really? Can anyone here clearly say who has the bigger right to Jeruzalem etc? But i think we know who has the rights to Kiev? C'mon. Be serious here. Also let's not forget muslim terrorism, not only in Israel...  By what Ukraine deserved their fate, hmm? 

Edited by Pavlo

2 hours ago, Pavlo said:

Would you have the same opinion if it was Croatia attacking Serbia? Well we know that in Serbia Russian matters are seen a bit different. Nothing wrong with it but that's the way it is. Russians kill Ukrainian children not the other way round even if it is not according with Serbian vision 😉. This thread is not about Israel, no one is claiming here what you are trying to suggest about Palestinian children. Russia pays its price for Ukrainian kids. If you value children life why should Russia be free of consequences? Are you for protection of kids lifes? 

1. Yes.

2. Same goes for Poland and Russia

3. 2 children killed in Sevastopol 3 days ago. 

4. The thread is about Israel. 

5. I won't dignify last question with an answer. 

8 minutes ago, nenad said:

1. Yes.

2. Same goes for Poland and Russia

3. 2 children killed in Sevastopol 3 days ago. 

4. The thread is about Israel. 

5. I won't dignify last question with an answer. 

Nope, we were invaded by Russia, many times. We are not anti-Russian. Russia is anti-Polish. In total way, total destruction i mean. We have a right to defend. Ukraine also has the right to defensive war, as any. Those kids in Sewastopol werent killed by Ukrainians...You didn't get to know a true face of Russia, we did. We have knowledge about them, you don't. Facts, not opinion. Sport is important for Russia, it is a fair price they pay as a country invading their neighbor. In fact they had different serious problems in sport even before this war. Defensive war is a natural right of every nation excluded from criticism, international ław. 

Edited by Pavlo

4 hours ago, Pavlo said:

Those kids in Sewastopol werent killed by Ukrainians...

Look, I made a post on a thread, my opinion, you have your's everything ok, I really really wanted it to let it slide, but hey come on now. You can have right to your opinion but you don't have the right to your own facts. Who killed them? Russians themselves? Martians? Who? 

9 hours ago, nenad said:

Look, I made a post on a thread, my opinion, you have your's everything ok, I really really wanted it to let it slide, but hey come on now. You can have right to your opinion but you don't have the right to your own facts. Who killed them? Russians themselves? Martians? Who? 

Just read about it. Everyone has his opinion, here we just discuss. How can i call it, military consequence of their own war? In Poland also one person was killed by missile out of order, maybe shot missile. Sevastopol? Wasn't it shot Ukrainian missile, parts of it? Shot by Russians. Hey, when you have a war, like Germany wwii you have to accept that the defending country will answer. War is bilateral, and this is russian war. Such things sadly happen but you really think Putin worried about many Russians lifes attacking Ukraine? It is normal risk, Russian risk. Ukraine does not target civilian targets like Russia on purpose through all this war. You can defend your friends but you can't succeed in this process. 

8 hours ago, rybak said:

Oh well, I see Pavlo did returned to forum first time since Rio Games and he already mix politics with sport... Welcome back!

Me? I returned but this thread is mixing sport and politics, not me. I was even surprised it was approved but since it was...what is wrong in taking part in discussion? Did i wrote anything about politics in sport threads or is it just typicul Polish ad personam instead of ad rem? 😉, hi there, no problem. Yes, subject of this thread is difficult but in fact we are living now in dangerous and very difficult times. So maybe it's ok that we can talk about it. Reality, just reality. Ain status is mixing sports and politics from very begining, don't you think? Ioc had done it, not me i think😉

Here we're not discuss on war reason, on who is in right and who is in wrong (for me, both are in wrong, but my opinion count 0).
We'are discuss if athlete should be punished for actions of politicians. And my answer is not, never. Athletes made their jobs, plane their dreams, and stop.
IOC have to be neutral, like Switzerland, about this. IOC don't have to be neutral for other cases, like doping, or corruption scandal.