website statistics

AIN athletes qualification for Paris 2024 Olympic Games and reallocation of quotas [post#1 updated 29.06] Road to Paris 2024

So we have a full story of canoe

blr got K1M and initially prefered to keep C2W in favour of C1W.

Thus rus got C1W via reallocation from blr. And they kept C2M - thus C1M was reallocated to :ESP

But! blr changed its decision and got back C1W. Thus reallocation emerged in C2W and it goes to :FRA

At the same time realloation C1W to rus disappeared.

I wonber how all this could be possibe since blr confirmed its first decision to reallocate boats. I have never seen reallocation to be played back in such way.

But it is not the end of the story!

The IOC declared eligible in C1W Yuliya TRUSHKINA who won that quota and Uladzislau KRAVETS in K1W instead of Aleh YURENIA who won that quota.

Thus if blr uses the same approach here as in wrestling, Uladzislau KRAVETS will decline invitation and his quota will go to Bojan ZDELAR :SRB

By now AINs formally did not lost canoe quotas due to the decision of the IOC.

But they certainly lost some athletes. Furthermore, russians are very surprised with the composition of invited paddlers. They did not worked in the same C2 because they paddle at the same side of the boat. It is not extremely rare case but is less effective, especially for a new pair. Yes, right now it looks like the IOC may allow them to compete in C2.

23 hours ago, avlar said:

It looks like :CZE may benefit again from the reallocation ) @Jan Linha

Pentathlon Mariya Gnedtchik Women`s individual Veronika NOVOTNA :CZE Reallocation to another NOC
Pentathlon Anastasiya Prokopenko Women`s individual Anna JURT :SUI Reallocation to another NOC

Confirmed. Novotná got the spot and Czech has for the first time fulfilled all possible quotas in modern pentathlon 💪💪

4 hours ago, Art Art said:

Russian judokas, who received an invitation from the International Olympic Committee (IOC), will not compete at the Olympic Games in Paris. This was announced by the President of the Russian Judo Federation Sergei Soloveichik

It seems that what I was told was mostly correct.

11 minutes ago, copravolley said:

The Italian Olympic Committee confirmed the quota for Andrea Carlino in the 60 kg category:

https://www.coni.it/it/news/andrea-carlino-ottiene-il-pass-per-parigi-nei-60-kg-italia-qualificata-ai-giochi-in-13-categorie-di-peso.html

So it means that the reallocation goes according to the second scenario described in this topic.

I think, 8 quotas are to be announced today and 4 quotas next week.

There is some preassure on russian wrestlers from public but they are going to compete

2 minutes ago, avlar said:

So it means that the reallocation goes according to the second scenario described in this topic.

I think, 8 quotas are to be announced today and 4 quotas next week.

There is some preassure on russian wrestlers from public but they are going to compete

For me Rus will probably withdraw completely, because sending such a limited and weak squad doesn`t make sense for them. In the case of a all squad boycott, they will have an alibi that they are strong but gave up because of discrimination or something like that.

9 minutes ago, copravolley said:

For me Rus will probably withdraw completely, because sending such a limited and weak squad doesn`t make sense for them. In the case of a all squad boycott, they will have an alibi that they are strong but gave up because of discrimination or something like that.

Yes, now it is much more real than week ago.

At the same time Somov, who lives in the USA can ignore this boycott. 

Edited by avlar