website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Totallympics

3 hours ago, justony said:

I still don't understand this weekly hype, where you have festival nights in succesion, from 8.45 till almost 2 a.m. (on final night even longer).:facepalm::d

And then on Sunday two hour long morning talk show about San Remo, in the afternoon another show. It is just too much. 

Anyway, I like the winner a lot, it has quite a lot of energy, also Annalisa was not bad, was cheering also for Clara or maybe Rose Villain and for "una ragazza e un ragazzo".  

I am not surprised Mahmood was not in top 5, did not convince me.

Simply put, Sanremo is Sanremo; it's too important for us Italians :0 I know people who take time off work, jokingly calling it "holy week" on social media. Even politics talks about Sanremo and brings controversies to parliament. I think it's simply a matter of tradition :p

Annalisa should have won in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Simply put, Sanremo is Sanremo; it's too important for us Italians :0 I know people who take time off work, jokingly calling it "holy week" on social media. Even politics talks about Sanremo and brings controversies to parliament. I think it's simply a matter of tradition :p

It's a great tradition, just make the shows shorter. :p A 4-hour evenings from 8-12 PM is perfectly possible. Every year there 6-7 songs, that are just filler. Have 22 songs and everything will be smoother.

7 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Annalisa should have won in my opinion. 

It's a great tradition, just make the shows shorter. :p A 4-hour evenings from 8-12 PM is perfectly possible. Every year there 6-7 songs, that are just filler. Have 22 songs and everything will be smoother.

In reality, the length isn't a big issue, at least not felt here in Italy. A lot of time is indeed dedicated to guests and similar things. Even on evenings with only 15 singers, the show ends around 1:30. And then there's the 45-minute after-show :p

Since after Sanremo, we never lack anything (currently having controversies over the voting system and strong political debates as an artist on stage called for a halt to the genocide), Geolier returned to Naples asking to be booed because 'he was booed.' Italy is indeed a surreal country. :p

Edited by Gianlu33

We know a half of this year entries and it's my ranking so far:

1. :NOR Norway
2. :ITA Italy
3. :FRA France
4. :SLO Slovenia
5. :MLT Malta
6. :UKR Ukraine
7. :ESP Spain
8. :EST Estonia
9. :LTU Lithuania
10. :IRL Ireland
11. :LUX Luxembourg
12. :POL Poland
13. :LAT Latvia
14. :MDA Moldova
15. :DEN Denmark
16. :ALB Albania
17. :CZE Czechia
18. :GER Germany
19. :FIN Finland

The final week of :SMR selection started Monday with the first (of 5) Semifinals, 129 song will fight for 8 place in final.

The final of "Una voce per San Marino" will be Saturday: 16 song, 8 invited artists and 8 winners of semifinals.

This is the third edition of the national selection format developed by SMRTV to determine the Sammarinese entry to the Eurovision Song Contest.

It's likely that :ISR will withdrew from this year contest, their entry is supposed to be called "October Rain" and includes those words in song. EBU will probalby force them to change the lyrics and the title, but Israeli television KAN announced today that they will not change anything, if EBU will still demand the change then Israel will withdraw.