website statistics

Women's Water Polo Tournament at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

:CAN come through :NZL 14-12 to advance to the quarterfinals. Not exactly their best match, but slightly excusable as Canada was using their backup goalkeeper Vulpisi, who IMO isn’t half as good as Gaudreault. I’m assuming they didn’t perceive New Zealand to be much of a threat, hence them deciding to give Gaudreault a rest. 

At this rate we'd have to sneak our way into the Olympics. As in, hope one of Italy or Hungary (or even both) lose their quarterfinal match and then beat Australia while hoping they lose their 5th-8th semifinal match.

Is it a dirty way of qualifying? Yes, but hopefully this teaches World Aquatics not to have qualified teams in a final qualifier tournament.

27 minutes ago, Josh said:

:CAN come through :NZL 14-12 to advance to the quarterfinals. Not exactly their best match, but slightly excusable as Canada was using their backup goalkeeper Vulpisi, who IMO isn’t half as good as Gaudreault. I’m assuming they didn’t perceive New Zealand to be much of a threat, hence them deciding to give Gaudreault a rest. 

I haven't watched the match. However from what I see, Gaudreault started the match and was excluded with substitution in the middle of the third quarter.

A red card also means that she can't play in the quarterfinal. I'm not sure if this one match ban could be appealed or not.

Edited by maestro

7 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

I already don't understand why water polo only has 10 women's teams, while all the other team sports have 12.

Yea same with women's hockey. Both suffered from low development when they were originally added to the sports program. Couple with quota pressures, this is the end result. However you could easily argue water polo deserved 12 spots now.

16 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

At this rate we'd have to sneak our way into the Olympics. As in, hope one of Italy or Hungary (or even both) lose their quarterfinal match and then beat Australia while hoping they lose their 5th-8th semifinal match.

Is it a dirty way of qualifying? Yes, but hopefully this teaches World Aquatics not to have qualified teams in a final qualifier tournament.

Has it been confirmed that South Africa is accepting their quota?