website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 2 weeks later...

for team :ISR we have a very small team as for the events going on and security risks, our team is: anastasia gorbenko, daria golovaty and denis loktev, no relay team as the federation believe we will get in with last years results on 4x200 women, 4x200 men and 4x100 men 

also the federation have a big conflict in it and may be dismentaled soon (the two main factions in israeli sport are fighting there and it is going to court, some political bullshit) 

:GRE Greece

Men: Arkadios Aspougalis, Stergios Bilas, Apostolos Christou, Konstantinos Englezakis, Kristian Gkolomeev, Evangelos Makrygiannis, Dimitrios Markos, Apostolos Papastamos, Apostolos Siskos, Konstantinos Stamou, Andreas Vazaios

Women: Anastasia Boutou, Georgia Damasioti, Theodora Drakou, Maria Drasidou, Zacharoula Kalogeri, Eleni Kontogeorgou, Anna Ntountounaki, Artemis Vasilaki, Maria Zafeiratou

I am not 100% sure but I think this is the largest team we've ever sent to the World Championships. Definitely by far the largest in the last decade at least.

Pleasant surprise that we will have a women's 4x200 freestyle relay team, with Boutou, Kalogeri, Vasilaki, and Zafeiratou. For all four girls, that is the only event they are competing in. They are all 2006 or 2007 born except Kalogeri. I'm sure they won't do much, but a national record is likely. They will have a great future I think!

Has anyone else noticed a problem with the schedule on the website?

https://www.worldaquatics-doha2024.com/en/schedules

It shows only one single final on the first day:

6lpF8II.png

But according to Wikipedia (I know, but still), there should be 4 finals on that day. Even if that's wrong, surely an evening session consisting of the 400m freestyle final and 100m butterfly semis and nothing else seems....wrong?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!