website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Relay Olympic Qualification Preview

Men's 4x100m Freestyle

Qualified - :AUS:ITA:USA 

Qualifying Position - :CHN:CAN:BRA:ESP:ISR:GER:SRB:HUN:FRA:JPN:POL:GRE:SWE 

Challengers - :KOR:SGP:MEX:LTU:VIE:THA:GBR:BUL:SVK 

The big challenger is Great Britain, unless they DSQ again they will likely move into a qualifying position. South Korea and Singapore will also challenge. While the bottom three are in the most dangerous position, they aren't too far off from the rest of the nations.

Men's 4x200m Freestyle

Qualified - :GBR :USA :AUS

Qualifying Position - :FRA :ITA :KOR :GER :BRA :JPN :ISR :CHN :CAN :ESP :SUI :HUN :THA

Challengers - :SGP :VIE :POL :MEX :LTU :BUL :GRE

Thailand's spot is by far the weakest and is essentially guaranteed to lose it. Their spot will be challenged by Singapore, Poland and Mexico. The other 15 are in a good position to keep their Olympic quota.

Men's 4x100m Medley

Qualified - :USA :CHN :AUS

Qualifying Position - :FRA :GBR :GER :CAN :JPN :ITA :KOR :AUT :POL :IRL :ESP :SUI :POR

Challengers - :HUN :MEX :SGP :SWE :KAZ :RSA :THA :VIE :GRE :NED :SRB :BUL

Hungary and Mexico will be looking to try to squeeze into the top 16. Things are quite competitive with the bottom four being at risk at missing the games. Switzerland isn't competing.

Edited by JoshMartini007

Women's 4x100m Freestyle

Qualified - :AUS:USA:CHN 

Qualifying Position - :GBR:SWE:NED:CAN:JPN:ITA:FRA:BRA:HKG:HUN:DEN:IRL:ESP 

Challengers - :RSA:LTU:SGP:PHI:POL:KOR:SRB:SLO:TPE 

While no one jumps out as the favourite to challenge (I think the top 5 all have a chance), there's a good chance to overtake Spain, especially since they aren't competing here. Denmark and Ireland are at risk, but it would take a very strong swim by the challengers to be overtaken.

Women's 4x200m Freestyle

Qualified - :AUS :USA :CHN

Qualifying Position - :GBR :CAN :NED :HUN :BRA :JPN :ISR :NZL :ITA :GER :ESP :KOR :AUT

Challengers - :FRA :HKG :BEL :RSA :TUR :PHI :GRE :SLO

France and Hong Kong are the big challengers. I suspect South Korea will overtake Spain meaning they and Austria are the most at risk of missing the Olympics

Women's 4x100m Medley

Qualified - :USA :AUS :CAN

Qualifying Position - :CHN :SWE :JPN :NED :FRA :GBR :POL :ITA :GER :IRL :DEN :BEL :HKG

Challengers - :KOR :ESP :GRE :RSA :MEX :SGP :POR :PHI :KAZ :TPE :LTU :HUN :SVK :SLO

South Korea and Spain are the biggest challengers. I suspect Hong Kong will improve their time meaning Denmark and Belgium will be at most risk of dropping off.

Mixed 4x100m Medley

Qualified - :CHN:AUS:USA 

Qualifying Position - :NED:GBR:CAN:JPN:GER:SWE:FRA:ITA:POL:KOR:GRE:ISR:BRA 

Challengers - :ESP:SGP:KAZ:HUN:MEX:HKG:PHI:THA:RSA:SVK :DOM :LTU :BAH :ARM :MGL :BRN :CZE :POR :IND :UGA :TAN :FSM :GUM :MDV :COK :KEN :MKD

Quite the number of nations competing, but I don't see anyone outside the top 4 challenging and that's being generous. Neither Israel not Brazil are competing here so their results must stand if they want to qualify.

21 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Women's 4x100m Freestyle

Qualified - :AUS:USA:CHN 

Qualifying Position - :GBR:SWE:NED:CAN:JPN:ITA:FRA:BRA:HKG:HUN:DEN:IRL:ESP 

Challengers - :RSA:LTU:SGP:PHI:POL:KOR:SRB:SLO:TPE 

While no one jumps out as the favourite to challenge (I think the top 5 all have a chance), there's a good chance to overtake Spain, especially since they aren't competing here. Denmark and Ireland are at risk, but it would take a very strong swim by the challengers to be overtaken.

Women's 4x200m Freestyle

Qualified - :AUS :USA :CHN

Qualifying Position - :GBR :CAN :NED :HUN :BRA :JPN :ISR :NZL :ITA :GER :ESP :KOR :AUT

Challengers - :FRA :HKG :BEL :RSA :TUR :PHI :GRE :SLO

France and Hong Kong are the big challengers. I suspect South Korea will overtake Spain meaning they and Austria are the most at risk of missing the Olympics

Women's 4x100m Medley

Qualified - :USA :AUS :CAN

Qualifying Position - :CHN :SWE :JPN :NED :FRA :GBR :POL :ITA :GER :IRL :DEN :BEL :HKG

Challengers - :KOR :ESP :GRE :RSA :MEX :SGP :POR :PHI :KAZ :TPE :LTU :HUN :SVK :SLO

South Korea and Spain are the biggest challengers. I suspect Hong Kong will improve their time meaning Denmark and Belgium will be at most risk of dropping off.

thank you for your very precise article on the possible qualifications..

Women's 200 IM qualifiers: 

:USA DOUGLASS Kate  2:10.01  OQT
:CAN PICKREM Sydney 2:10.97 OQT

:NED STEENBERGEN Marrit 2:11.45 OQT

:CHN YU Yiting 2:11.53 OST

:GBR WOOD Abbie GBR 2:11.57 OST

:FRA BONNET Charlotte 2:12.32 

:CAN McMILLAN Ashley 2:12.65

:ISR GORBENKO Anastasia 2:12.76

:ITA FRANCESCHI Sara 2:13.66

:KOR KIM Seoyeong 2:13.85

:AUT KREUNDL Lena 2:14.03