website statistics

Asian Games 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

10 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

one hour now. referees have zero control on the court.

In any decently conducted sport, match officials would have told the teams that this is their final decision. They have two options accept it and play on or forfeit the match. 

10 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

one hour now. referees have zero control on the court.

and after more than an hour India finally got what

what a disgrace, and that's what the English commentator said. 

when you invent a sport you want to develop , 1 gold medal more or less shouldn't matter much for you. 

and what a shame Iran continued the match, they had to leave the court 

21 minutes ago, PHI2019 said:

What’s the story behind the men’s cricket final between India and Afghanistan? I’m reading that it’s been called off on account of the weather and that India has been awarded the gold medal.

It was decided earlier that in case of wash out match given to the team that's higher in world rankings. Horrible rule I say. Usually they keep reserve days for knockout matches and in group stages points shared since its final both teams should have got shared gold

22 minutes ago, PHI2019 said:

What’s the story behind the men’s cricket final between India and Afghanistan? I’m reading that it’s been called off on account of the weather and that India has been awarded the gold medal.

India won the toss befofe the match. I can't believe what I read. it's organization committees fault of course.

25 minutes ago, MHSN said:

when you invent a sport you want to develop , 1 gold medal more or less shouldn't matter much for you. 

Agreed I'm suprised Iran went with it. Decision should not be changed by negotiation and discussion. Happy that kabaddi is not an Olympic sport doesn't deserve it. 1-1 and things were settled

Last 2 Gold medals we won were both farcical. Cricket should have reserve days and in Kabbadi, referees should be more authoritative. I don't believe that they should not change decision based on discussion. What should have happened is: The main officials should have pulled the two coaches aside and have discussion with them asking each to give their interpretation of the rule, consulted the official rulebook and made the decision and stuck to it. If either team was adamant on not accepting the ruling, they should have declared the other team winner by forfeit. 

Since India is the bigger force in Kabbadi, was the team that protested initially and the final decision was in our favour, we do come out as the culprit. And I am sad that we couldn't complete our redemption by defeating Iran fair and square in the final. 

Edited by Dolby

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

Poor officiating by the match officials, it is a shame the match ended the way it did. As it was a fiercely contested high quality close match, all that you would want in a final. 

1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

India won the toss befofe the match. I can't believe what I read. it's organization committees fault of course.

I think it is more to do with world ranking than coin toss. But LOC should have had a spare day for the final at least. Anyways, it is not unjust or unfair as the rules were agreed on before the games & was same for all teams. Also, the better team deservedly won 🥇