website statistics

Asian Games 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

any chance they release the "results books" at the end of the competition? they didn't do that so far for the sports like Rowing (already finished few days ago) I like to keep all results for myself and it seems this time I have to do it myself manually :p

5 minutes ago, MHSN said:

any chance they release the "results books" at the end of the competition? they didn't do that so far for the sports like Rowing (already finished few days ago) I like to keep all results for myself and it seems this time I have to do it myself manually :p

It’s OCA, better keep your expectations low :p I only remembered Asian Weightlifting always share the result books after their events ended

58 minutes ago, MHSN said:

The ocagames.com website has been down for a while, but maybe they’ll update it after the Games. For what it’s worth, Bornan didn’t post the results books for San Salvador 2023.

It might just take a lot of downloading to save the results time.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, phelps said:

the great Italian sprinters of the Sixties were the absolute masters of that trick, the official record in competition is 1 hour and 3 mins :yikes: (it happened at the Italian Nationals in 1968), the world record on the track but not in competition, as a standalone attempt, is 2 hours 6 mins 15 secs :yikes: :yikes: by a 2nd/3rd tier Italian rider in 1975 (there's a video on Youtube dedicated to that attempt)

and since the tv stations started to complain about the waste of time, one day the UCI decided to cut the surplace max time to 15 mins, then 10 and finally they drastically came to the current 30 second-limit, which has made this tactic disappear from the tracks (and therefore the riders do not practice that anymore and just can't do it for such long time, as it gets very painful and puts the legs' muscles at risk when you suddenly start from scratch after a long stand in an uncomfortable position)

Reminds me of this: https://youtu.be/sUjgKeO7YtQ?si=SU7lLmoK4hd0Hshc

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

20 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

ahaha! that's great! and the headbutts reminded me to the old Keirin races, where the only forbidden move was removing the hands from the handlebars and anything else was allowed

imagine doing that face to face for 30/40 mins before sprinting for an Olympic medal

p.s. also those who went on in the final lap, actually didn't do the surplace correctly, because there's also a rule that you can't go backwords by more than 20 cms

and all of them broke that rule (in the old times in that case you were forced to start pedaling for at least 100m before you could try once again)

today we won 2 gold medals + 2-3 virtual gold medals :p I mean people think our athlete(s) deserved the gold but got robbed of it. and in one case I agree.

but the highlight of the day which made it into social media wasn't any of those medals, :p Cycling is literally dead here and we sent only 1 male cyclist and that guy competed in Omnium today. nobody expected a medal and he was something like 10th before the last few laps of Points Race but managed to lap the group and added few more points.

at the end the TV graphics surprisingly showed the Iranian in the bronze medal position and our TV commentator went crazy and even cried something like "guys I can't speak anymore" :d of course I quickly realized that was a mistake because he didn't score anything in the last sprint and they adjusted the result few minutes later ! 

Untitled.jpg

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

a 100m sprinter from North Korea with a PB of 9.90, is it serious ? :p

https://info.hangzhou2022.cn/resAG2022-/pdf/AG2022-/ATH/AG2022-_ATH_C51B_ATHM100M--------------RND1--------.pdf

On World Athletics his official PB is 10.76, result of 9.90 which he achieved at North Korean Championships in 2019 is shown as illegal (hand-timed measurement probably). This reminds me of ,,famous" North Korea football team winning World Cup. 

Finished watching all the skateboarding events. :CHN definitely making noticeable headway in the sport. Both venues were a high standard too, so they just need to improve institutional knowledge of the sport.

Overall, I’d say the level of the competition was encouraging, although it’d be nice to see some more entries.