website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2020 Thread

NearPup

8 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

Lots of misinformation and mixing apples with oranges - Froome's case is not TUE doping, he went over the salbutamol limit allowed without having a TUE, if he had been granted a TUE by a doctor there would have been no case. Same for many Norwegian skiers who (ab)use (of) medications within the legally allowed limit but if they go over that limit they risk disqualification not having been granted any TUE (see Sundby).

And of course Russians are persecuted by evil whites because they are brown, "it is known".

This is how muddying the water works. It's not the drug itself that is banned but the illegal dosage. And then you get dragged into the picogram nonsense. I'd say BAN every TUE drug available and stop with the "80 picograms isn't doping" nonsense!

Bradley Wiggins had to fall out of the public eye over Team Sky's "mysterious package", hell nobody wants him to compete in rowing anymore, anyone remembers that stunt he tried to pull off? He's completely gone from the media now, God knows his TUE crap excuse is suspicious as hell given how much doping there is in cycling.

Muddying the waters...or maybe the "know-it-all who actually knows little or nothing and is always right anyway" syndrome - if doctors' TUEs don't need to be obtained to take a drug legally then all the talk about doctors-athletes complicity and faking illnesses doesn't make sense (like in the case of real TUEs) but whatever.

11 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

Muddying the waters...or maybe the "know-it-all who actually knows little or nothing and is always right anyway" syndrome - if doctors' TUEs don't need to be obtained to take a drug legally then all the talk about doctors-athletes complicity and faking illnesses doesn't make sense (like in the case of real TUEs) but whatever.

It's called common sense. Sick people shouldn't be able to have a superior physical ability to healthy ones. Not to mention every member of the Norwegian cross country team is sick with asthma. If the sick people are able to dominate like that where on Earth are the healthy Norwegian skiers? :mumble:

36 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

It's called common sense. Sick people shouldn't be able to have a superior physical ability to healthy ones. Not to mention every member of the Norwegian cross country team is sick with asthma. If the sick people are able to dominate like that where on Earth are the healthy Norwegian skiers? :mumble:

Every member of the Norwegian team is not asthmatic (at least not openly from what I know). That is in fact the most problematic thing, that Norway has a tradition of using it, even on (usually) healthy athletes with some temporary ailments. 

But I really think you're oversimplyfying things (I feel it's not the first time that I've thought so :p ). It is in no way unusual to get asthma as an elite athletes. We would see a massive decrease in athletes in most endurance sports and even a sport like swimming (where chlorine most likely doesn't help) if we suddently banned all asthma medicine.

25 minutes ago, Agger said:

Every member of the Norwegian team is not asthmatic (at least not openly from what I know). That is in fact the most problematic thing, that Norway has a tradition of using it, even on (usually) healthy athletes with some temporary ailments. 

But I really think you're oversimplyfying things (I feel it's not the first time that I've thought so :p ). It is in no way unusual to get asthma as an elite athletes. We would see a massive decrease in athletes in most endurance sports and even a sport like swimming (where chlorine most likely doesn't help) if we suddently banned all asthma medicine.

Occam's Razor works for me :yes  Cross country is the national sport in Norway, if we get rid of the asthmatic frauds there will be many more ready to replace them - without the phoney TUE excuse. The massive decrease in endurance sports you fear won't happen either. The wholesale ban on TUE will force athletes to win the clean way like it or not, cycling has been dragged through the mud enough already, nobody will cry after Chris Froome & pals either. Bradley Wiggins has been rendered as media pariah after the jiffy bag mystery so yeah, heroes come and go and the world will always find new ones.

12 minutes ago, Khadidja Aisha said:

i am realy happoe for it, hope more scandinavians fail doping test, and them ant Russia sould be suspended, this smalll perfect but in there mind rasist countries.

Excuse me... Are you calling Sweden racist? :mumble: