website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2020 Thread

NearPup

7 hours ago, Khadidja Aisha said:

I am very happie that the caught a scandinavian for doping, everything they to Russia, they can eat now. There small goody two shoes.

If you're talking about Fuglsang...

Caught? They've investigated him (and may very well still be investigating) but haven't had the proof to start an actual case. Not saying that he couldn't have been doped, but so far he's innocent.

It's not like we don't have any doping in Scandinavia, but we don't have  more or less state sponsored doping like what has been caught in Russia.

BTW you don't really have to look for long before you see that especially a lot of Swedes don't really trust Norwegian skiing ;)

12 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

There’s plenty of people with diabetes & many other manageable conditions who benefit from TUEs.  Are you saying they should be thrown out of top-level sport just because a minority abuse the rules?  Hardly fair, the solution is to amend the rules to prevent abuse - only neutral doctors can prescribe, renewals are not automatically granted, statistics are published at year end etc etc.

If you're faking an illness any doctor can provide the right papers to fool the system which is deeply flawed. It's a foolish assumption that athletes and doctors are separate items, they're the two sides of the very same coin. Who in the world believes that "those poor naive athletes got used by those evil doctors". That's nonsense and you know it.

Please name me which of these asthmatic skiers or cyclists also have a diabetes? You have asthma or diabetes and you want to be a world class athlete beating healthy competitors? Geez, find a new job. People who are 2 meters tall might also wanna win the Kentucky Derby as jockeys, hell, I haven't seen a 2 meters jockey though! Why? Isn't life supposed to be fair? 5'2" jockeys win the Kentucky Derby and not 6'3" jockeys. That's why asthmatic people shouldn't be winning endurance events either.

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

If you're faking an illness any doctor can provide the right papers to fool the system which is deeply flawed. It's a foolish assumption that athletes and doctors are separate items, they're the two sides of the very same coin. Who in the world believes that "those poor naive athletes got used by those evil doctors". That's nonsense and you know it.

Please name me which of these asthmatic skiers or cyclists also have a diabetes? You have asthma or diabetes and you want to be a world class athlete beating healthy competitors? Geez, find a new job. People who are 2 meters tall might also wanna win the Kentucky Derby as jockeys, hell, I haven't seen a 2 meters jockey though! Why? Isn't life supposed to be fair? 5'2" jockeys win the Kentucky Derby and not 6'3" jockeys. That's why asthmatic people shouldn't be winning endurance events either.

Well Steve Redwood won an Olympic Gold in rowing as a diabetic, there are diabetic professional soccer players, there is or was an-all diabetic pro cycling team in the States etc etc.

10 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Well Steve Redwood won an Olympic Gold in rowing as a diabetic, there are diabetic professional soccer players, there is or was an-all diabetic pro cycling team in the States etc etc.

In the rowing eights? Please! If all eight rowers had diabetes then you have a case. But if you have 7 healthy rowers that doesn't matter.  Pro cycling in the US? That's some second tier crap team most likely? You didn't even mention their name. Norway in cross country is light years ahead in terms of results. Chris Froome is also pretty successful last time I checked. Nobody cares about participtaion trophies here. TUE doping is being used among the world's elite and nobody can do anything about it. Hell, UCI said Froome was let off the hook because Team Sky had so much money they could provide all the medical tests and then some half of the world can't even afford. Reminds me of the celebrity lawyers, justice can always be blindsided if you have enough money. And Norway has enough money to invest into the fake asthma BS in their national sport. What's the point of the sport being 'fair' when the money still runs this world too?

Edited by Monzanator

9 minutes ago, Khadidja Aisha said:

The real reson they sat that Russians doing doping is that russians are a brown people, half turkish and mongolian, and many white people are racist, and dont whant brown people to steal there prizes.

Well, that and the Russians being caught doping a lot more than anyone else.

Lots of misinformation and mixing apples with oranges - Froome's case is not TUE doping, he went over the salbutamol limit allowed without having a TUE, if he had been granted a TUE by a doctor there would have been no case. Same for many Norwegian skiers who (ab)use (of) medications within the legally allowed limit but if they go over that limit they risk disqualification not having been granted any TUE (see Sundby).

And of course Russians are persecuted by evil whites because they are brown, "it is known".