website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2020 Thread

NearPup

Two more positive retests from London 2012: Steeplechase European Champion Gülcan Mingir from Turkey and Klodiana Shala fron Albania.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1090223/athletics-2012-doping-ban

I was thinking some minutes about the following question, but I don't really know the answer: Who was the last Turkish-born athlete (in Athletics) of international class that was never tested positive for doping? First, I thought it should be Esref Apak, only to find to out that he actually had a positive test in 2013 :d

All those cases is a great proof that the system of checking the athletes
need to be more strict and the punishment need to be more harsh the point is that athletes will compete without drugs rather they will be caught and the story will be rolling all over again

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

:ITA Pierluigi Sangiorgi got suspended... for giving his horse antidepressives. :yikes:

http://www.eurodressage.com/2020/02/10/pierluigi-sangiorgi-suspended-after-testing-positive-banned-substance

Well that's depressing.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

38 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

So you can dope and since it was only the first time, they'll let you walk away with this.

Shocking

Well, this was a bit simplyfied comment, I read that he argued the substance came from a meat he eat somewhere in Colombia, ITF accepted his explanations and since it was his first delict they let him go :d

6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Well, this was a bit simplyfied comment, I read that he argued the substance came from a meat he eat somewhere in Colombia, ITF accepted his explanations and since it was his first delict they let him go :d

Again this "I ate tainted meat"... my God, they're adult pro players, not juniors. They should look what they eat if they are aware meat in often tainted in their countries.